Johanna Rothman Edit Your Profile
Johanna Rothman, known as the "Pragmatic Manager" helps organizational leaders see problems and risks in their product development. She helps them recognize potential "gotchas," seize opportunities and remove impediments.
Johanna has been managing projects and programs since the Neanderthal era. She is the current agileconnection.com technical editor. She is the author of these books:
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry (with Denise Robitaille)
She is also writing Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization, a book about agile program management.
Johanna writes the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter. She writes two blogs on her site, www.jrothman.com, as well as a blog on www.createadaptablelife.com. She is a columnist about management for Techwell.com and is a columnist about agile project management for projectmanagement.com.