Leanpub for Organizations
Leanpub offers a sophisticated solution for organizations that want to write, produce and sell ebooks, bundles, courses and tracks. You can sign up here to create a new account for your organization.
Leanpub is used by organizations such as publishers, non-profits, universities and companies.
Finally, you can also just sign up on this page to create a new account for your organization.
- Johns Hopkins University has used Leanpub to produce their Cloud Based Data Science Track of 11 data science courses.
- Growing Agile has used Leanpub to easily produce over a dozen professional ebooks using Leanpub’s simple, proven workflow.
Leanpub provides a powerful platform for leading academics, research teams, universities and other institutions to create and provide online courses, certificates and textbooks.
What makes Leanpub different?
Leanpub specializes in technology that facilitates in-progress publishing from plain text documents.
With Leanpub, course providers can easily produce both courses and any related textual content and update both instantly with the click of a button - all from a single plain text document.
About Leanpub for Organizations
We provide writing workflows that include optional integration with GitHub. These services offer publishers and companies powerful tools for collaboration and tracking changes over time. We strongly believe this represents the next stage in the evolution of book writing and production.
For publishers and companies who are publishing textbooks or prescriptive non-fiction books (“How To” books), we also provide a platform for the creation of books and courses from a single editable plain text document, streamlining in a systematic way the natural connection between the production of textbooks and courses.
Benefits of Leanpub
- Offer your authors and editors a number of interchangeable book writing modes
- Create PDF and EPUB versions of your books with the click of a button
- Efficiently integrate ebook publishing with your existing print workflow, if you produce print books
- Optionally use our unique storefront to sell your books and earn an 80% royalty on every sale, and to start selling your books while they are still works in progress
- Test book projects by soliciting expressions of interest on pre-publication landing pages
- Release book updates and edits to existing readers with one click
At Leanpub, we’ve spent years building great technology for individual authors to write and sell their ebooks.
Different authors prefer to write books in different ways, and keeping them happy throughout the book production process can often be difficult. This problem is compounded by the fact that editors and copy-editors also have their own ways of doing things.
Many Leanpub authors choose to use our combination of writing workflows with an online bookstore after having worked successfully with well-known book publishers. They almost always say the same thing: they loved the people they worked with, but they were frustrated by the process. Now you can use our process with your team!
Here are the ways you can write a book using Leanpub:
- In your browser with a plain text editor
- On your computer, in plain text, syncing with Git and GitHub
- On your computer, in plain text, using Dropbox
- Any way you like, and then upload the ebook files you have created for sale on our online bookstore, using our Upload writing mode
After years of developing these workflows by working closely with successful authors, we’re excited to take our Lean Publishing process and expand it to support publishers and companies like yours.