write a book
Write in Markdown or our visual editor, and . Sell your book while it's in-progress, getting reader feedback and earning 80% royalties. Or, upload a completed ebook to sell in our store.
Create a course
Write in plain text, publish with one click. Easily , with exercises and quzizes with automated marking. Build your own MOOC for students around the world!
Docker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast!
- Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.
- The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
Authors have earned$6,592,591writing, publishing and selling their books on Leanpub.
Leanpub is a powerful platform for serious authors, combining a simple, elegant writing and publishing workflow with a store focused on selling in-progress ebooks.Learn more about writing on Leanpub.
Or, if you're ready to get started: Create a book today.
- Write your book in simple plain text using our great writing features
- Create ebooks in multiple formats with one click from a single source text
- You can also write using your own plain text writing tool
- You can also upload a book if you prefer your own process to ours
- Publish instantly with one click
- Easily update your published book any time
- Publish early and serially using our in-progress publishing features
- Interact with readers to improve your book and find out what they think
- Instantly put your book up for sale
- Earn a royalty of 80% per sale
- Customize a great-looking web page to help sell your book
- Set your own prices using our amazing variable pricing model
- Easily share your royalties with co-authors or good causes
- You can also sell your book elsewhere if you want to!
Earn an 80% royalty per sale.
Publish to PDF, iPad and Kindle from one manuscript.(we make PDF, EPUB and MOBI versions for you).
Write using your favorite tools. Preview or publish new book versions with one click.
Write on your own computer and sync using Dropbox, GitHub or Bitbucket.
Publish your book early to get reader feedback, and publish new versions as often as you like.
Choose your own minimum and suggested prices. They can be free, or from $4.99 to $500. ($9 to $29 is typical.)
You keep the rights to your book, not us. You can do a deal with a publisher at any time.
Produce a print-ready PDF or InDesign export of your finished book with one click.
Why is this royalty rate important? It means you earn $16.00 on the sale of a $20.00 book. If you worked with a conventional publisher who sold your book for $32.00, you'd typically make just $1.60! (The publisher would usually get about $16.00, and you would get about 10% of that.) With royalty rates this high, people will actually choose to pay more since they can see how much you will earn as an author.
You are free to publish your book elsewhere at the same time as you publish it on Leanpub. However, other platforms may not allow you to publish in two places at once. If you want to try an exclusive service, you can "retire" your book on Leanpub any time, and you can also come back and "unretire" your book if you conclude you were making more money on Leanpub.
You set your own prices using our variable pricing model and you can change them anytime. This means you can instantly change your prices in response to audience feedback or special events. It also means you can increase the price of your book over time, as you add more content, which is a great deal for people who buy your book early on.
If you publish your book on Leanpub, we will not get in the way if you later want to publish with a conventional publisher. In fact, this is a great outcome and it is one of the reasons Leanpub exists. We want unknown writers to be able to publish their books before they're finished, build an audience while they're writing, and then optionally go after a publishing contract. Some publishers may even let you publish your book on Leanpub until you finish it, and then take up the book into their own process when the time is right. That's exactly what happened with this book. (If you're worried that a publisher won't accept a book that's already been published on Leanpub, then you should make sure to ask them before you publish here!)
We're building the best publishing workflow in the world. Sign up now and help us create the future of publishing, as Leanpub for Publishers evolves with your feedback.
Leanpub is the best way in the world to write a book. This is especially true if you're publishing an in-progress computer programming book, but you'll find all kinds of books here.
Leanpub empowers authors to support their favorite causes directly, by automatically sharing their royalties via our Leanpub for Causes program.