Hiring Geeks That Fit
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-03-10
About the Book
Do you want to hire great people? Not sure how? Read this book.
Knowledge workers---our geeks---are different from skill-based staff, which makes hiring great ones difficult. But whether you're a manger or team member, this is the single most important decision you can make due to its long-lasting impact.
Because great geeks adapt their knowledge to your context, one developer or technical manager is not interchangeable with another. Hiring the right geeks, the ones who fit your culture, requires you to analyze your culture, determine your problems and define the essential qualities you want in your candidates. Hiring Geeks That Fit removes the guesswork from the hiring process, reduces the risk for costly hiring mistakes... and allows you to find the absolute best person for the job.
- Understand your culture to build a strong hiring foundation.
- Develop the best hiring strategy.
- Analyze your open position. What's really essential?
- Develop effective ads for different mediums, such as social media and user groups.
- Develop behavior-description questions to differentiate the talkers from those who've actually performed work relevant to your needs.
- Use those questions in phone-screens, in-person interviews, and references.
- Treat candidates with respect, so even those you reject are potential referrals.
- Create great first-day hire experiences so your new hire doesn't keep looking...
And much more...
You, your team, and your organization will live with the long-term consequences of your hiring decision. Invest the time for you and your team in how to hire and interview will pay off fast.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms