Last updated on 2017-10-28
About the Book
Do you equate leadership with management? Do you wonder how to find your leadership style? We need leaders at all levels, in all teams, everywhere in all organizations. You can exercise your leadership skills, once you know how to lead. Read these essays and chapters, and then you can start practicing your problem solving leadership.
This is the readings book we provide to the Problem Solving Leadership workshop participants.
Part 1: Leadership Styles
- Managing In Mayberry
- Do We Have to Choose Between Management and Leadership?
- Beyond Blaming: Congruence in Large System Development Projects
Part 2: Designing Interventions for Change
- Change, Transitions, and Messes
- Change is Inevitable
- The Satir Change Model: Interventions
- Learning by Design: Constructing Experiential Learning Programs
- Climbing Out of Technical Debt
- Seven Lessons from a Top Down Change
Part 3: Observing Yourself and Others
- This Title May Change at Any Time! (How Do You Feel About That?)
- Beyond Belief
- Seeing the Other Person’s Big Picture
- Seeing Your Own Big Picture
Part 4: Appreciating Individual Differences
- The Identified Patient Pattern
- Approaching a Conflict in Style
Part 5: Building Relationships
- The Secret Ingredients of High Morale
- Peer-to-Peer Feedback
- Why Not Ask Why?
- How2 Create a Buddy (Informal Mentoring) Program
- Getting Some Good Out Of Bad Interviewing
Part 6: Group Work
- Four Different Ways of Participating
- Choosing Facilitation
- How to Improve Meetings When You’re Not in Charge
- Understanding and Creating Safety
- Collaboration: It’s more than facilitated meetings
Part 7: Problem Solving
- Always Be Second
- What’s on Your Not-To-Do List?
- Staying Sharp
- The Exception is the Rule
- Shifting the Burden – Whose Monkey is it?
- Solving Other People’s Problems
Bibliography: Problem Solving Leadership
- More From Esther Derby
- More From Don Gray
- More From Johanna Rothman
- More from Gerald M. Weinberg
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.