About the Book
Do you equate leadership with management? Do you wonder how to find your leadership style? We need leaders at all levels, in all teams, everywhere in all organizations. You can exercise your leadership skills, once you know how to lead. Read these essays and chapters, and then you can start practicing your problem solving leadership.
This is the readings book we provide to the Problem Solving Leadership workshop participants.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Leadership Styles
- Managing In Mayberry
- Do We Have to Choose Between Management and Leadership?
- Beyond Blaming: Congruence in Large System Development Projects
Part 2: Designing Interventions for Change
- Change, Transitions, and Messes
- Change is Inevitable
- The Satir Change Model: Interventions
- Learning by Design: Constructing Experiential Learning Programs
- Seven Lessons from a Top Down Change
Part 3: Observing Yourself and Others
- This Title May Change at Any Time! (How Do You Feel About That?)
- Beyond Belief
- Seeing the Other Person’s Big Picture
- Seeing Your Own Big Picture
Part 4: Appreciating Individual Differences
- The Identified Patient Pattern
- Approaching a Conflict in Style
Part 5: Building Relationships
- The Secret Ingredients of High Morale
- Peer-to-Peer Feedback
- Why Not Ask Why?
- How2 Create a Buddy (Informal Mentoring) Program
- Getting Some Good Out Of Bad Interviewing
- Four Different Ways of Participating
- Choosing Facilitation
- How to Improve Meetings When You’re Not in Charge
- Understanding and Creating Safety
- Collaboration: It’s more than facilitated meetings
Part 7: Problem Solving
- Always Be Second
- What’s on Your Not-To-Do List?
- The Exception is the Rule
- Shifting the Burden – Whose Monkey is it?
- Solving Other People’s Problems
Bibliography: Problem Solving Leadership
- More From Esther Derby
- More From Don Gray
- More From Johanna Rothman
- More from Gerald M. Weinberg
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them