About the Book
Is it time for a new job? How do you find a job that matches what you have to offer, that matches what you value in a culture?
Treat your job hunt like the project it is. Use a visual system to track your job search to increase your productivity, track your progress, evaluate your work, gain feedback, and throw out what doesn’t work while building on your successes. Learn from your past career to optimize for your next step. Full of tips, stories, and humor, you’ll apply practical techniques to take control of the most important project you’ll ever work on: find your next best job.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Learn to Manage Your Job Search Project
- 1 Become Your Own Project Manager
- 2 Start Using Your Kanban Board
- 3 Reflect on the Past Week
- 4 Iterate and Organize
Part 2: Choosing a Career, Interviewing, and Deciding on an Offer
- 5 Know Your Previous Job Patterns
- 6 Write Your Résumé
- 7 Prepare for the Interview
- 8 Decide How You Will Decide on an Offer
Part 3: Build Your Network
- 9 Network, Network, Network
- 10 Use Social Media to Network
Part 4: Iterate Through These Job Hunting Traps and Tips
- 11 Avoid These Traps
- 12 Try These Tips
Part 5: Special Circumstances: New Grad, Career Transition, Over 50
- 13 What You Need to Know if You Are in Transition
- 14 Just for People Over 50
Part 6: What to do When Your Job Search Takes Longer Than Three Months
- 15 It’s Been Three Months. Now What?
- Annotated Bibliography
- More from Johanna
About the Author
About the Publisher
This book is published on Leanpub by Practical Ink .
Johanna Rothman's books on leanpub. Practical, frank, and often humorous tips you can put to work right now.