About the Book
Is it time for a new job? How do you find a job that matches what you have to offer, that matches what you value in a culture?
Treat your job hunt like the project it is. Use a visual system to track your job search to increase your productivity, track your progress, evaluate your work, gain feedback, and throw out what doesn’t work while building on your successes. Learn from your past career to optimize for your next step. Full of tips, stories, and humor, you’ll apply practical techniques to take control of the most important project you’ll ever work on: find your next best job.
About the Author
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” offers frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams do reasonable things that work. Equipped with that knowledge, they can then decide how to adapt their product development.
With her trademark practicality and humor, Johanna is the author of 18 books and hundreds of articles. Find the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter, and her blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
She is the author of these books:
- Modern Management Made Easy triad: Manage Yourself, Lead and Serve Others, Lead an Innovative Organization
- Become a Successful Consultant
- Write a Conference Proposal the Conference Wants and Accepts
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams: Collaborate to Deliver (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding The Real Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd ed.
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry (with Denise Robitaille)
In addition, she is a contributor to:
- Sometime in Winter (a novella)