Project Portfolio Tips
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-11-16
About the Book
Are you working on projects you suspect you shouldn’t be? Are you multitasking? Are you out of ideas as to what to do?
It’s time to manage your project portfolio. These twelve ideas will prompt you to consider more ideas about how to manage your project portfolio. Learn how to ask the zeroth question, how to stop doing the work you shouldn’t do, and how to find some breathing room.
Use these ideas to start managing your project portfolio, instead of multitasking or “trying” to do it all. Take back your days and your projects.
- 1. Always Ask the Zeroth Question About Your Projects
- 2. Are You Being Guilted Into Doing More?
- 3. Are Your Shoulds Driving Your Decisions?
- 4. Focus On One Thing at a Time
- 5. How Effective Are You?
- 6. When Your Projects Are a Program and You Can’t Do All the Work, Part 1
- 7. When You Still Can’t Do All the Work, Part 2
- 8. Park Projects You Can’t Staff, For Now
- 9. Kill Canceled Projects
- 10. How Many Emergency Projects Do You Have?
- 11. Why Multitasking Doesn’t Work
12. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions: Should you Commit, Kill, or Transform?
- Make a Real Commitment
- Kill Projects When Necessary
- Transform Projects That Don’t Make Enough Progress
- Decide, Don’t Multitask
- More from Johanna
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...