Project Portfolio Tips
Project Portfolio Tips
Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
About the Book
Are you working on projects you suspect you shouldn’t be? Are you multitasking? Are you out of ideas as to what to do?
It’s time to manage your project portfolio. These twelve ideas will prompt you to consider more ideas about how to manage your project portfolio. Learn how to ask the zeroth question, how to stop doing the work you shouldn’t do, and how to find some breathing room.
Use these ideas to start managing your project portfolio, instead of multitasking or “trying” to do it all. Take back your days and your projects.
- 1. Always Ask the Zeroth Question About Your Projects
- 2. Are You Being Guilted Into Doing More?
- 3. Are Your Shoulds Driving Your Decisions?
- 4. Focus On One Thing at a Time
- 5. How Effective Are You?
- 6. When Your Projects Are a Program and You Can’t Do All the Work, Part 1
- 7. When You Still Can’t Do All the Work, Part 2
- 8. Park Projects You Can’t Staff, For Now
- 9. Kill Canceled Projects
- 10. How Many Emergency Projects Do You Have?
- 11. Why Multitasking Doesn’t Work
12. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions: Should you Commit, Kill, or Transform?
- Make a Real Commitment
- Kill Projects When Necessary
- Transform Projects That Don’t Make Enough Progress
- Decide, Don’t Multitask
- More from Johanna
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.