Learn by Doing
Learn by Doing
Notes on Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Volume 10 (2014-2015)
About the Book
A collection of notes from the inspirational lecture series "Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders". Read advice from 24 different lectures including leaders such as Ben Horowitz (Andreessen Horowitz), John Collison (Stripe), and Joshua Reeves (ZenPayroll).
Read notes on lectures by:
- Kevin Hartz, Julia Hartz (Eventbrite)
- Liz Wiseman (Author)
- Tina Seelig (Stanford University)
- Matt Rogers (Nest)
- Lewis Cirne (New Relic)
- Jennifer Carolan, Steve Blank (New Schools Seed Fund)
- Tina Wells (Buzz Marketing Group)
- Ben Horowitz, Tom Byers (Andreessen Horowitz)
- Jennifer Pahlka (Code for America)
- Shah Selbe (National Geographic Society)
- Jeanne Gang (Studio Gang Architects)
- Alon Cohen (Houzz)
- Kathryn Gould (Foundation Capital)
- John Collison (Stripe)
- Joshua Reeves (ZenPayroll)
- Laurene Powell Jobs, Tom Byers (Emerson Collective)
- Sean George (Invitae)
- Ron Gutman (HealthTap)
- Kyle Forster (Big Switch Networks)
- Kathleen Eisenhardt (Stanford University)
- Mike Rothenberg (Rothenberg Ventures)
- Chinedu Echeruo (Constant Capital Partners)
- William Marshall (Planet Labs)
- Susan Koger (ModCloth)
Table of Contents
- Optimal Traits and Sustainable Advantages
- The Power of Not Knowing
- From Inspiration to Implementation
- Tackle Projects Others Don’t Want
- Life is Too Short for Bad Software
- Seeking the Full Potential of Education
- Consumers and Brands in the Digital Age
- Nailing the Hard Things
- Make Government Work Better for All
- Find Your Niche, Help the World
- Growing a Creative Company
- Making Complicated Things Simple
- Figure Out What’s Important
- Putting Startup Success in Perspective
- The Startup Journey: A Marathon, Not a Sprint
- Injecting Innovation into Intractable Systems
- Experience is Your Reward
- Impact Will Keep You Motivated
- Non-Linear Path to Leadership
- Simple Rules for a Complex World
- Blue is Where You Should Be
- Creativity Unleashes Value for the World
- Entrepreneurship Takes Flight
- Find Your Venture’s Emotional Core
- Thanks for Reading
Other books by this author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them