Cut the Lifeboats
Cut the Lifeboats
Notes on Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Volume 2 (2006-2007)
About the Book
A collection of notes from the inspirational lecture series "Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders". Read advice given by leaders such as Reid Hoffman (Linked In), William Perry (Secretary of Defense), Carly Fiorina (HP), and Steve Young (49ers).
Notes on lectures by:
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt (STVP)
- Rick Wallace (KLA-Tencor)
- Chris Larsen, Jim Breyer (Prosper)
- Joe McCracken (Genentech)
- Nick Earl (EA)
- Greg Ballard (Glu Mobile)
- Scott Kriens (Juniper Networks)
- Janice Roberts (Mayfield Fund)
- Tien Tzuo (Salesforce.com)
- Ron Bloom, Ray Lane (PodShow)
- Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn)
- Gregory Waldorf (eHarmony)
- G. Steven Burrill (Burrill & Co.)
- Tom Byers, Brook Byers, Kavita Ramdas, Paul Yock, Jeff Koseff, KR Sridhar, Chip Blacker, John Hennessy (eWeek Panel Discussion)
- William Perry (Former Sec. of Defense)
- Mark Jung (IGN)
- Shai Agassi (SAP AG)
- Carly Fiorina (Former CEO, HP)
- Jackie Speier, Deborah Stephens (Former St Senator)
- Andrew Frame, Warren Packard (Ooma)
- Steve Young, Stan Christensen (Former NFL Quarterback)
- Mitchell Baker (Mozilla)
- Bob Sutton (Stanford)
- Carl J. Schramm (Kauffman Foundation)
- Tony Perkins (AlwaysOn Panel)
- Research Lens on Understanding Entrepreneurial Firms
- Vision, Values & Strategy
- Founding Prosper, a People-to-People Lending Marketplace
- A Culture of Making a Difference
- The New Frontier in Gaming
- Confessions of a Serial Silicon Valley CEO
- Words of Wisdom from an Experienced CEO
- The New Adventures of Old VC’s
- Changing the Game of Enterprise Software
- The Dynamic Relationship Between an Entrepreneur and VC
- Choosing the Entrepreneurial Path
- 5 Must-Haves of an Entrepreneurial Career
- An Entrepreneurial Perspective on the Life Sciences Industry
- The Role of Entrepreneurship in Solving World Problems
- It’s Your Ship: Lessons in Leadership
- Phases of a Startup
- The Physics of Startups
- Leadership and Choice
- Overcoming Adversity and Taking Risks
- Adventures of a Startup CEO: No Guts No Glory
- Negotiations On and Off the Field
- Community-Based Organizations
- The No Jerk Rule
- The Positive Impact of Entrepreneurship in the American Economy
- Social Networking 3.0
- Thanks for Reading
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.