Passions and Other Lessons
Passions and Other Lessons
Notes on Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Volume 1 (2005-2006)
About the Book
A collection of notes from the inspirational lecture series "Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders". Read advice given by business leaders such as Mark Zuckerberg, Marissa Mayer, and Jeff Hawkins.
Notes on lectures by:
- Jeff Hawkins (Palm Computing)
- Randy Komisar, Debra Dunn (KPCB)
- Geoff Davis(Unitus)
- Evan Williams (Odeo)
- Joe Liemandt (Trilogy)
- Mark Zuckerberg, Jim Breyer (Facebook)
- Lonnie Smith (Intuitive Surgical)
- Kim Polese (SpikeSource)
- Frank Ricks (LRK Architecture)
- Tom Byers (STVP)
- Bobby Beaver, Jeff Beaver (Zazzle)
- Janice Fraser (Adaptive Path)
- Kim Popovits (Genomic Health)
- Chong-Moon Lee (Ambex Venture Group)
- Michael Goldberg (MDV)
- Carol Bartz (Autodesk)
- John Roos (WSGR)
- Tina Seelig (STVP)
- Katie Rodan (Proactiv)
- Stephanie Keller-Bottom (Nokia)
- Joel Peterson, Stan Christensen (Peterson Partners)
- Pam Marrone (AgraQuest)
- Marissa Mayer (Google)
- Ryan Phelan(DNA Direct)
- Gil Penchina (Wikia)
- Bob Sutton (Stanford)
Table of Contents
- Entrepreneurship Viewed as a Tool and When to Use it in Industry & Science
- Entrepreneurship Within a Marriage
- The Microfinance of Entrepreneurship
- The Technology of Podcasting
- The Passion and Perseverance Behind a Start-up
- From Harvard to the Facebook
- From Start-up to Market Dominance in the Field of Surgical Robotics
- Twenty Years of Experience in Developing Software in Silicon Valley
- Using Creative Leadership
- Ten Enduring Success Factors for High Technology Entrepreneurship
- Two Brothers Building a Company From Scratch
- Entrepreneurial Leadership Qualities
- Strategies in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy Through the Eyes of an Immigrant
- Lessons Learned in the Life Sciences Industry
- Balancing Work and Life
- Life Inside a Law Firm
- What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20
- The Story of Proactiv Solution
- The Fairy Tale of Innovent and How it Came to Be
- Secret to Successful Negotiations
- The Ins and Outs of a Successful Biotechnology Company
- Nine Lessons Learned about Creativity at Google
- Groundbreaking Healthcare Initiatives and the Entrepreneurial Minds Behind Them
- The Contrasts of a Big Company and a Small Start-Up
- Stimulating Innovation and Creativity in the Workplace
- Thanks for Reading
Other books by this author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them