Theory of Constraints - Do It Yourself Kit for Small & Medium Size Enterprises for Manufacturing
Last updated on 2015-09-24
About the Book
This eBook is an instruction manual for implementing Theory of Constraints' application for Manufacturing.
This eBook is targeted at Business Owners, Managers, Consultants and Implementers.
If you are in the business of manufacturing and you have problems in delivering orders on time, your lead time is increasing over a period of time and you have high inventory on the shop floor, this eBook can certainly help you.
- Copyright Information
- This book is dedicated to
- I am thankful to…
- Check the Symptoms
- How to Go About Implementing
- The Vicious Cycle
- How to Reverse the Vicious Cycle – The Solution
Phase 1 : Set up the basic system
- Chapter 1 : Gather Data
- Chapter 2 : Preparation – One Time Actions
- Chapter 3 : Order Execution
- Chapter 4 : Maintaining the Workload and Speed of Execution
- Chapter 5 : Identify the Constraint
- Chapter 6 : Decide how to get maximum work out of the Constraint
- Chapter 7 : Create a bank of work in front of the Constraint
Chapter 8 : Manage the non-constraints
- Non-constraints before the Constraint:
- Non-constraints after the Constraint:
Chapter 9 : Do’s and Don’ts
- Chapter 10 : Gather data
Phase 2 : Implement Drum-Buffer-Rope (DBR)
- Chapter 1 : Preparations
- Chapter 2 : Plan and execute orders.
Chapter 3 : Buffer Management
- Holes in Constraint Buffer
- Holes in Assembly Buffer
- Holes in Shipping Buffer
- Chapter 4 : Gather Data
Chapter 5 : Managing Critical Purchased Materials
- Modes of Purchasing
- Items Purchased for Customer Orders or Based on Forecast
- Items Purchased for Stock
Chapter 6 : Move to Simplified Drum-Buffer-Rope (SDBR)
- Brief Description
- SDBR Steps
- Red-line Control
- Planned Load Control
- SDBR Rules
- Chapter 7 : Decision Making
Phase 3 : Take Next Leap in the Performance
- Chapter 1 : Check the original Questionnaire, once again
- Chapter 2 : (Evaluate alternative Ways to) Elevate the Constraint
- Chapter 3 : What Next?
- Available Software: (in random order)
Appendix A - Overview of Five Focusing Steps
Step 1: Identify the Constraint
- What is Constraint?
- How do you find the Constraint?
- Types of Constraints
- Step 2: Decide How to Exploit the Constraint
Step 3: Subordinate Everything Else (to the Above Decision)
- What is subordination?
- How easy or difficult is to subordinate?
- What does subordination practically mean?
- Step 4: (Evaluate Various Alternatives to) Elevate the Constraint
- Step 5: Go back to Step 1 (Do not let the inertia to set in).
How do you know that you are managing the Constraint?
- Identifying the Constraint
- Time Management
- Customer Service Level
- Cash flow
- Step 1: Identify the Constraint
- Appendix B - Bibliography
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...