Theory of Constraints - Do It Yourself Kit for Small & Medium Size Enterprises for Projects
Last updated on 2018-03-30
About the Book
This eBook is an instruction manual for implementing Theory of Constraints' "Critical Chain" solution for Projects.
This eBook is targeted at Business Owners, Managers, Consultants and Implementers.
It gives step by step guidance on "How To" implement Critical Chain.
If you are engaged in Projects, and you are struggling to deliver the projects on time, within Budget and with full scope, and your project lead time is increasing over a period of time, this eBook can certainly help you.
- Copyright Information
- This book is dedicated to
- I am thankful to…
- How to Go About Implementing
- Check the Symptoms
- The Vicious Cycle
- How to Reverse the Vicious Cycle – The Solution
- Chapter 1 : Gather Data
Chapter 2 : Balance the Workload
- Determine the project priorities:
- Freeze the projects having lower priority
- Chapter 3 : Accelerate Project Completion
- Chapter 4 : Full-kit Preparation
- Chapter 5 : Build Planning Templates
Chapter 6 : Plan Open Projects
- Single Project Environment
- Multi-Project Environment
- Chapter 7 : Stagger Projects
- Chapter 8 : Task Assignments and Execution
- Chapter 9 : Establish Buffer Management System
- Chapter 10 : Decide Task Priorities
Chapter 11 : Follow Execution Rules
- Rules for Resources
- Rules for Task Managers
- Rules for Project Managers / Functional Managers / Resource Managers
- Rules for Top Management
- Chapter 12 : Buffer Sizing
- Chapter 13 : Re-planning
- Chapter 14 : Defrost the Frozen Projects
- Chapter 15 : Check the progress
- Chapter 16 : Releasing New Projects
- Chapter 17 : Check the progress
- Chapter 18 : Managing sub-contractors
Chapter 19 : Managing Critical Purchased Materials
- Material Purchased for Projects
- Materials Purchased For Stock
- Chapter 20 : Capacity Elevation
- Chapter 21 : Check the progress
- Available Software: (In random order)www.advanced-projects.com/
Appendix A - Overview of Five Focusing Steps
Step 1: Identify the Constraint
- What is Constraint?
- How do you find the Constraint?
- Types of Constraints
- Step 2: Decide How to Exploit the Constraint
Step 3: Subordinate Everything Else (to the Above Decision)
- What is subordination?
- How easy or difficult is to subordinate?
- What does subordination practically mean?
- Step 4: (Evaluate Various Alternatives to) Elevate the Constraint
- Step 5: Go back to Step 1 (Do not let the inertia to set in).
How do you know that you are managing the Constraint?
- Identifying the Constraint
- Time Management
- Customer Service Level
- Cash flow
- Step 1: Identify the Constraint
- Appendix B - Bibliography
- Appendix C - Outcomes Based Planning
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...