About the Book
Is it time for you to become a consultant? You have expertise that potential clients need. However, you might not know how to create a business that will work for you.
In this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Define your success, so you can stay true to your values and create the life you want.
- Create a resilient business model.
- Help your clients discover you through your expertise.
- Write winning proposals with value-based fees.
- Manage the client relationship.
- Create and manage your intellectual property
- Adapt and evolve your business over time.
And much more.
Whether you start now or prepare for the future, you can become a successful consultant.
About the Author
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” offers frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams do reasonable things that work. Equipped with that knowledge, they can then decide how to adapt their product development.
With her trademark practicality and humor, Johanna is the author of 18 books and hundreds of articles. Find the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter, and her blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
She is the author of these books:
- Modern Management Made Easy triad: Manage Yourself, Lead and Serve Others, Lead an Innovative Organization
- Become a Successful Consultant
- Write a Conference Proposal the Conference Wants and Accepts
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams: Collaborate to Deliver (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding The Real Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd ed.
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry (with Denise Robitaille)
In addition, she is a contributor to:
- Sometime in Winter (a novella)