About the Book
If you have trouble estimating cost or schedule for your projects, you are not alone. The question is this: who wants the estimate and why?
You might be able to use different words for your estimate. You might be able to report your estimate in a way that helps your managers realize the uncertainty of the estimate. Maybe you just need the team who’s doing the work to estimate.
Learn practical and pragmatic ways to estimate schedule or cost for your projects. Learn why most estimates are wrong, and how you can create some sanity about your estimates. Learn ways to present your estimates so people will accept them. And, when your estimate is wrong, learn what you can do.
About the Author
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” provides frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams see problems, resolve risks, and manage their product development. Johanna is the author of fourteen books and hundreds of articles. Find the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter and her blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
She is the author of these books:
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams: Collaborate to Deliver (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding The Real Value in Your Project Portfolio
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd ed.
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry (with Denise Robitaille)
In addition, she is a contributor to: