About the Book
Can you, as a manager, lead innovation? Yes. Although, you might never have seen innovation in management—and that’s a problem. You are not alone.
Innovative leaders encourage change. They create just enough organizational rules. Those rules help people and teams make good decisions.
Based on research, backed up by personal stories, you'll see how modern managers create innovation throughout the organization.
Through questions and stories, learn how you can:
· Use the seven principles of modern management to create an environment where the managers work in teams.
· Increase the organization's ability to deliver your products and services.
· Plan by value.
· Welcome experiments and learn from them.
· Invite change, instead of fear it.
· And, much more.
With its question and myth, each chapter offers you options to rethink how you can create innovation in management and across the organization.
You'll see how common—but ill-advised—management practices prevent great business outcomes. Instead, learn how to lead innovation in management and across the organization. Your customers and teams will both be delighted.
Become a modern manager. Learn to lead an innovative organization.
About the Author
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” offers frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams do reasonable things that work. Equipped with that knowledge, they can then decide how to adapt their product development.
With her trademark practicality and humor, Johanna is the author of 18 books and hundreds of articles. Find the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter, and her blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
She is the author of these books:
- Modern Management Made Easy triad: Manage Yourself, Lead and Serve Others, Lead an Innovative Organization
- Become a Successful Consultant
- Write a Conference Proposal the Conference Wants and Accepts
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams: Collaborate to Deliver (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding The Real Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd ed.
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry (with Denise Robitaille)
In addition, she is a contributor to:
- Sometime in Winter (a novella)