About the Book
Do you want to become an independent consultant? You'd like to extend your employee-based success to potential clients. How can you get to the point where your potential clients ask for you by name?
Look no further. This practical guide to building your "consulting engine" and creating systems for your business has everything you need to become a successful independent consultant.
You'll learn how to:
* Assess your value so you can choose which problems to solve for your ideal clients.
* Attract clients on ongoing content marketing.
* Create relationships with the people across the client organization and with other consultants
* Set reasonable fees.
* Create and manage your intellectual property.
* Learn from the engagement to reassess your value.
And much more.
As you consult, you can assess and change your business model for the flexibility you need for _your_ business.
This practical guide will show you how to succeed—and on your terms.
Buy this book to start now, improve your existing practice, or prepare for the future. You can become a successful independent consultant.
About the Author
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” offers frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams do reasonable things that work. Equipped with that knowledge, they can then decide how to adapt their product development.
With her trademark practicality and humor, Johanna is the author of 20 books and hundreds of articles. Find the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter, and her blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
She is the author of these books:
- Project Lifecycles: How to Reduce Risks, Release Successful Products, and Increase Agility
- Successful Independent Consulting: Relationships That Focus on Mutual Benefit
- Modern Management Made Easy triad: Manage Yourself, Lead and Serve Others, Lead an Innovative Organization
- Successful Independent Consulting
- Free Your Inner Nonfiction Writer
- Write a Conference Proposal the Conference Wants and Accepts
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams: Collaborate to Deliver (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding The Real Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd ed.
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
- Corrective Action for the Software Industry (with Denise Robitaille)
In addition, she is a contributor to:
- Sometime in Winter (a novella)