About the Book
Ever wonder why PowerShell is a thing, or find yourself having to explain it to someone else? Here's a concise guide that does just that.
Bundles that include this book
Table of Contents
- Why PowerShell?
- A Brief Overview
- Why Scripting? Why a Shell?
- PowerShell is both a command-line shell and scripting language
- PowerShell can interact with a dizzying number of technologies.
- PowerShell is object-based.
- PowerShell isn’t going away.
- Consolidate and multiply your learning
- In Windows, PowerShell’s really the only option
- The Business Story
- Where can you learn more?
Why PowerShell Remoting? (While We’re Answering “Whys”)
- Comparing Remoting to what came before
- But here’s the best reason
Other books by this author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them