The PowerShell Conference Book
This book is 74% complete
Last updated on 2020-01-12
About the Book
This book is designed to be like a conference in a book where each chapter is written by a different author who is a subject matter expert on the topic covered in their chapter. Each chapter is also independent of the others so you can read one chapter, ten chapters, or all of them. You can start with the first chapter, the last one, or somewhere in-between and not miss out on anything related to that particular topic. This book is written for the intermediate to advanced audience. Prior experience with PowerShell is highly recommended.
All (100%) of the royalties from this book are donated to the OnRamp scholarship program. More information about the OnRamp track at the PowerShell + DevOps Global Summit and their scholarship program can be found on the PowerShell.org website.
- How to Use This Book
Part I: Systems Management
- Automate Patching With PoshWSUS and PowerShell Scheduled Jobs
- Building SQL Servers with Desired State Configuration
- PowerShell and PKI
- Ansible for the Windows Admin
- Ansible in Practice, for the PowerShell Aficionado
- Getting Started With PowerShell and IoT
Part II: PowerShell Tips & Tricks
- Cross Platform PowerShell: Notes from the Field
- PowerShell Development on Containers (PowerShell Core)
- Update PowerShell Types to Type Less PowerShell
- Tools and Methodologies for PowerShell Class Developers
- Composite Formatting
Part III: PowerShell Internals
- Writing Your First Compiled PowerShell Cmdlet
- PowerShell’s Tokenizer
- Consuming REST APIs with PowerShell
- PowerShell Casting
- Working with Dates
- PowerShell, Windows Management Instrumentation, Common Information Model, and Me
Part IV: Handling Data
- Keeping Your Users in the Loop with Toast Notifications
- ReportCardPS - Create Custom HTML Reports with VMware’s Clarity UI Styling
- Measure All the Things with Influx, Grafana and PowerShell
- Logging Like a Baus
- Read and Write to an Encrypted File
- Visualize Your Environment With PSGraph
- Using Azure Log for PowerShell Custom Logs
- Azure Functions with PowerShell
- Where PowerShell Has Taken Work
- Your First Public Speaking Talk
- Chasing the Rabbit - Helping Others to Navigate the Rabbit Hole of Automation
- On the Road to DevOps, Don’t Forget the Soft Skills
- The Evolution of Your Code
- Hands to Head to Heart: Be More Human At Work
DevOps Collective Scholarshipshttp://devopscollective.org
Support IT education scholarships by giving to The DevOps Collective, Inc.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.