The PowerShell Conference Book (The Book + Code Samples)
The PowerShell Conference Book
About the Book
This book is designed to be like a conference in a book where each chapter is written by a different author who is a subject matter expert on the topic covered in their chapter. Each chapter is also independent of the others so you can read one chapter, ten chapters, or all of them. You can start with the first chapter, the last one, or somewhere in-between and not miss out on anything related to that particular topic. This book is written for the intermediate to advanced audience. Prior experience with PowerShell is highly recommended.
All (100%) of the royalties from this book are donated to the OnRamp scholarship program. More information about the OnRamp track at the PowerShell + DevOps Global Summit and their scholarship program can be found on the PowerShell.org website.
- How to Use This Book
- Part 1 - PowerShell Scripting
- PowerShell: Why it Exists and What Patterns it Likes
- Writing Secure and Sterile Code
- Increasing PowerShell Performance
- A Lap Around .NET
- Parameter Binding Demystified
- Extending PowerShell with TypeData Programming
- Meta-Programming with PowerShell
- Using Concurrent Objects for Simpler Multi-Threading and Queue-Based Processing
- Triaging Legacy Scripts
- Part 2 - PowerShell in Practice
- Finding Performance Bottlenecks with PowerShell
- PowerShell + Excel = Better Together
- Handling Statistical Data with VMware PowerCLI
- PowerShell as an Enterprise Network Tool
- A Crash Course in Just Enough Administration
- A Least Privilege Model Implementation Using Windows PowerShell
- Parsing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Client Logs with Dynamic Parameters
- The Profile Script: All Things All Places
- Rethinking PowerShell GUIs
- Part 3 - PowerShell and DevOps
- PowerShell as a Gateway to DevOps
- Scaffolding PowerShell Projects and More with Plaster
- Using VSTS for PowerShell Module Development
- Writing Custom PSScriptAnalyzer Rules
- Mastering PowerShell Testing with Pester
- How We Made Configurable Pester Tests for SQL Server
- Infrastructure Validation Using Pester
- Automating Active Directory Health Checks
- Part 4 - PowerShell and CloudOps
- Save Money with Azure Automation
- PowerShell in Azure Functions
- PowerShell Classes for a Better REST Experience
- Building Secure RESTful Endpoints with PowerShell
- PowerShell Core Web Cmdlets Internals
- Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting OpenSSH Based PowerShell Remoting
- Authoring PowerShell Providers with SHiPS
DevOps Collective Scholarshipshttp://devopscollective.org
Support IT education scholarships by giving to The DevOps Collective, Inc.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.