Beneath the Canals Collection
Beneath the Canals Collection
16 Zinis for Playing in the Pentolan Catacombs
About the Book
This series of mini zines (zinis) includes:
- Beneath the Canals, the core tool zini for exploring the catacombs, including rules for procedurally generating them, for random encounters, creating Shards, and generating magic items. Writing by Michael T. Lombardi and illustrations by Jay Labelle.
- Smoldering Gardens of Bone, a dungeon zini adventure for exploring an alchemist's osseous garden where they practice alchemical gardening and husbandry alike. Writing by Michael T. Lombardi, illustrations and cartography by Abigail LaLonde.
- Cadavers in the Catacombs, a tool zini for finding corpses whilst exploring the catacombs, including a drop table of interesting details and encounter fodder. Writing and illustrations by Dungeons & Possums.
- Afraid of the Water, a dungeon zini with an incitement to rescue local who has been snatched and taken into the catacombs by Canal Gaunts, survivors of executions who have made a home beneath the canals and become something less than human. Writing and cartography by Patrick Eyler, illustrations by Michelle Smallwood.
- The Faceless King, a meta adventure zini which introduces a potentially campaign-inciting problem: coins with little legs are getting themselves inside people's mouths and turning them into cultists, unleashing a horror if not stopped. Writing by Zedeck Siew, illustrations by Jay Labelle.
- The Fallen Eidolon, a dungeon zini set to explore part of an old colossus-temple, eerily anatomical and guarded by glass golems. Writing by José Kercadó, illustrations by Jay Labelle.
- Bones and Precious Stones, a dungeon zini exploring a long-sealed section of the catacombs from which small, gem-eyed carbuncles have recently been escaping. Writing by Michael T. Lombardi, illustrations and cartography by Spaghetti Quester.
- Corpses of Veneration, a tool zini which introduces tables for procedurally generating saint-like figures, their reliquaries, and complex ossuaries. Writing by Fiona Maeve Geist, illustrations by Lauren Bryce.
- Fatal Fungi and Mysterious Mushrooms, a tool zini for generating strange fungi, their effects and uses, how to craft items with them, and the dangers they might posses. Writing by Donn Stroud, illustrations by Matthew Cartwright.
- Kofun: Buried Across the Sea, a tool zini exploring the culture of the Yamajin who immigrate to Pentola via their burial practices and chambers, as well as the items and guardians interred there. Writing by Takuma Okada, illustrations by Kai Grecco.
- Craft and Violence, a tool zini exploring the use of art-as-magic by three different factions to rewrite the world through their works with varying effects depending on the art and the response by the person experiencing it. Writing by Mabel Harper, illustrations by Lauren Bryce.
- Memories Entombed, a tool zini with tables and guidance on designing burial and funereal practices for peoples interred in the catacombs as well as generating unique items interred with the deceased. Writing by Skylar-James Wall, illustrations by Myca Labelle.
- The Black Market, a tool zini for procedurally generating black market cells including the characters in them, the favors they ask for, and their esoteric specialties you can only find beneath the canals where the moon can't see them. Writing by Zachary Cox, illustrations by Ben Brown.
- Knackery, a tool zini adding d66 special abilities called Knacks to your game with rules for gaining and using them in numerous systems. Writing by Michael T. Lombardi, cover is public domain.from page 262 of 'Lil. By the author of “Miss Toosey's Mission,” etc. [i.e. Evelyn Whittaker.]'
Each of the zinis is available in digital and print-at-home layouts for usability.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.