Xanpan appendix - Management and team
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-03-11
About the Book
- Management heuristics
- Team heuristics
- Nature of the team
- Constaining laws for teams
- Team composition
- Bug management strategies
- Requiem for an unfinished book
1. Management Heuristics
- 1.1 Management focus on teams
- 1.2 Managers or management?
- 1.3 Management is not strategy
- 1.4 1000 decisions a day
- 1.5 Why management heuristics?
- 1.6 Why Xanpan?
- 1.7 Finally: Heuristics and philosophy
- 1.8 References
2. Teams Heuristics
- 2.1 Teams over projects
- 2.2 Clear benefits and purpose
- 2.3 Stability
- 2.4 Area of speciality
- 2.5 Area of responsibility
- 2.6 Strategic sizing
- 2.7 Conclusion
- 2.8 References
3. Nature of the team
- 3.1 Work flows to the team
- 3.2 Vertical teams
- 3.3 Only software?
- 3.4 Deciding what to work on
- 3.5 Value seeking teams
- 3.6 Discovery and delivery
- 3.7 Defining value, and benefit
- 3.8 References
4. Constraining Laws for Teams
- 4.1 Brook’s Law
- 4.2 Conway’s Law
- 4.3 Dunbar’s number: Natural breakpoints
- 4.4 Miller’s Magic seven
- 4.5 Parkinson’s Law and Hofstadter’s Law
- 4.6 Gall’s Law - plus Parnas and Alexander
- 4.7 Kelly’s Laws
- 4.8 Conclusion
- 4.9 References
5. Team composition
- 5.1 Who is on the team?
- 5.2 Developers are not the only fruit
- 5.3 Ratios
- 5.4 Tester to programmers
- 5.5 Solo programmers
- 5.6 Programmers
- 5.7 Pair testing? Pair analysis?
- 5.8 Finally
- 5.9 References
6. Bug management strategies
- 6.1 Characteristics of bugs
- 6.2 Strategy #1: Prevent at source
- 6.3 Strategy #2: Fix close to origin
- 6.4 Strategy #3: Quick decision, quick fix
- 6.5 Strategy #4: Active bug management
- 6.6 Strategy #5: Bug fixing sub-team
- 6.7 Strategy #6: Fix within team
- 6.8 To estimate or not to estimate?
- 6.9 Choosing between strategies
- 6.10 Other strategies
- 6.11 Why not?
- 6.12 Finally
- 6.13 References
- Version History
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.