Books to be written
Books to be written
A non-fictions author's how-to guide to writing, publishing & marketing you own books
About the Book
What I have learned about writing books, working with publishers and self-publishing, using LeanPub.com and getting sales through Amazon
- What people are saying about Books to be Written
- Subscribe to hear more
I A brave new world
- 1. What is a book?
- 2. Why write a book?
- 3. It’s digital now
- 4. Publishers
- 5. Reasons to work with publishers
- 6. Publisher checklist
- 7. Digital publishing: selling before you have finished
- 8. Copyright
- 9. Money from writing
- 10. The Little Book story
- 11. When you know what you want to say
- 12. Learning to write
- 13. Writers conferences
- 14. Some writing techniques
- 15. Incremental and iterative writing and publishing
- 16. The process
- 17. Beginning: Introductions and Forewords
- 18. Using quotations
- 19. The #NoProjects story
- 20. After the writing
- 21. Copy-edit
- 22. Third-party copyright
- 23. Illustrations
- 24. Layout and page size
- 25. Book cover
- 26. File size and download costs
- 27. ISBN
- 28. Audio books
- 29. Amazon
- 30. Printing
- 31. Pricing
- 32. Print pricing
- 33. Playing with price
- 34. KDP Select and Kindle Unlimited
- 35. Categories and keywords
- 36. Digital rights management
- 37. Tax
- 38. Legal deposit
- 39. Academic publishing
- 40. Amazon
- 41. Reviews
- 42. Speaking
- 43. Promotions, sales, discounts and free books
- 44. More Amazon and money
- 45. Word processors
- 46. Formatting tools: Pandoc and LaTeX
- 47. Citations, references and bibliography
- 48. A quick guide to Markdown
- Please review me
- Also by Allan Kelly
- Thank you
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.