Project Teaming Principles
Project Teaming Principles
Nine powerful principles to 10X your team
About the Book
Dummy about text
- Get Exclusive Adam on Projects Content
- Project Teams—Why Are They Important?
- Teams Are Fundamental
- The Good Team Experience
- How Do We Avoid or Fix Bad or Underperforming Teams?
- Principle-Based Team-Building
- Principle-Based Foundation
- Building Teams using Principles
- Principle-Based Team-Building for the Traditional Team
- Principle-Based Team-Building for the Self-organising Team
- Principles to Building a High-performance Project Team
- The Principles in Summary
- Principles Unlock Subconscious Behavior.
- Resources to Put These Principals to Use
- Principle #1—There’s No “I” in Team
- Individual Responsibilities That Interfere with Team-Building
- How to Get People to Start Committing to the Team
- Principle #2—Deliver Value: Fast and Furious
- Value, Speed, and Passion
- Identifying the Barriers to Value, Speed, and Passion
- Generating Speed, Value, and Passion
- Principle #3—Share the Dream
- Principle #4—Do Your Job, But Don’t Get in the Way
- Three Common but Dysfunctional Perspectives
- The Team Perspective
- Principle #5—Demand Accountability
- Accountability Phobia
- Accountability Failures
- Fostering a Cult of Accountability
- Principle #6—Leave Footprints
- The Sins of Documentation
- Need Is Evident
- The Agile Experience
- The Waterfall Experience
- Documentation Is Good and Necessary
- Principle #7—Disrupt Respectfully
- Create Harmony by Airing Out Dissonance
- Stop Being So Sensitive
- Problems Don’t Get Better with Age
- Principle #8—Undermine Bureaucracy
- What Is Bureaucracy?
- Problems with Bureaucracy
- Undermining Bureaucracy
- Principle #9—Practice Awesomization
- Team Incentives
- It’s All Really So Easy
- Celebrating Awesomeness
- The Jar of Awesome
- Where to from Here?
- Appendix A: The Project Team Charter
- Introducing the Charter to Your Team
- Getting Agreement and Sign-Off of the Charter
- Appendix A-1: Project Team Charter, Standard Version
- Appendix A-2: Project Team Charter, Pocket Version
- Appendix B: The Project Team Planning Checklist
- Appendix C: The Project Team Health Check Diagnostic Checklist
- Appendix D: Constraints
- Objections to Principle #1—There’s No “I” in Team
- Objections to Principle #2—Deliver Value: Fast and Furious
- Objections to Principle #3—Share the Dream
- Objections to Principle #4—Do Your Job, But Don’t Get in the Way
- Objections to Principle #5—Demand Accountability
- Objections to Principle #6— Leave Footprints
- Objections to Principle #7—Disrupt Respectfully
- Objections to Principle #8—Undermine Bureaucracy
- Objections to Principle #9—Practice Awesomization
- More from Adam Russell
- About the Author
- Life Summary
- Career Summary
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.