Decision-Making Principles & Practices
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-05-20
About the Book
This book contains 27 principles and practices that can help your management and leadership team have more effective meetings with more efficient decision-making. These principles and practices raise the quality of the collaborative dialog, and help the team reach more inclusive decisions that the whole team feel committed to.
Principles and practices covered in this book:
- Elect a facilitator
- Present, Discuss, Improve
- Fist of five survey
- Design decisions as experiments
- DIBB rationale narrative
- Enough info to proceed to decision?
- Good Enough for now, safe enough to try?
- Consent voting
- The wisdom of an qualified objection
- Extract and clarify agreements
- Declare intent and ask for objections
- Make decisions smaller
- Delegate decision mandate
- Clarify status quo
- When critical, accountable decides
- Make everyone heard - do rounds
- Individual thinking, then share
- Dot-vote priorities
- Poker voting
- Collaborative proposals, 1-2-4-All
- Hand Signals
- Park for later
- Summarize decisions
- Summarize actions and doers
- Document and communicate
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.