YOUR WAY! 6 weeks for a startup plan (Only the book)
YOUR WAY! 6 weeks for a startup plan
About the Book
This is the first chapter of my book. It's on the works, so getting your feedback while writing it is appreciated
Why I decided to write this book?
I made my mind writing this book for other entrepreneurs. It's been written out of my experience as an entrepreneur and the things I (still) learn on the way. I learned that becoming an entrepreneur is not really a matter of choice, you are just this kind of person. It's a good or a bad thing depends on how you look at it.
Anyway, welcome to the tribe!
As an entrepreneur you want to succeed in what you do. There are many people out there who would say that if you haven't failed and stopped working on one of your startups or ideas, you are not a real entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs are 1st and foremost, failures!
You get that when you apply for your 1st job and discover you don't like it. Then you think to yourself that probably that job wasn't suitable for you, so you change to a 2nd, 3rd and even more. You actually fail, over and over again! By now (or even while doing those other jobs) you realize that you should try and work on some ideas you had. It's a very important stage to move from the "I've got an idea" stage to actually start working on it.
So…Congrats! You now have a startup! You might say "no, it's just an idea, a side project, nothing serious". To some extent you are right, but in order to make it grow you need to go though a couple of steps and plan. This plan includes practical things like learning about term sheets & VCs, but it also includes some personal work understanding your self, which is not less important.
I decided to help you go through these steps, so you will have your tools ready to launch with your startup. Don't worry; it's not rocket science.
Most of the materials this book is based on can be found on other sources as well, and each of these subjects has lots of materials out there on the web and even more books. My work is actually building it as a step by step to have a full plan at the very end.
Now, that we are set, let's go!
Only the book
The Book + 45 Mentorship call
Get the book + Mentorship call with me for your startup
Have a 45 minutes mentorship call with me, tell me what you are struggling with, opening yourself to more lines of thought.
· Which kind of a leader are you? / You should be a leader. This chapter talks about 4 kinds of leaders. Learn to identify the type of leader you are. Learn to identify your strengths and weaknesses. This will then help you choosing your team members to have a best match with your personality.
· Define goals: what is success for you? In this chapter you will discover your definition of success and define goals for your self. Determining where you are going is an essential part of setting the course.
· What kind of entrepreneur are you? In this chapter you will learn about 3 different types of entrepreneurs, and try to fit yourself to one of these types. This will help you think about the type of startup you want to create.
· Customer development: find your customers before building your product. In this chapter you will learn what customer development is, why it is so important and how to do it the right way.
· Network - Learn how to network. This skill will bring you the furthest the fastest. Know the right people at the right time.
· Learn VC basics - In this chapter you will learn some basic terms and strategies for handling venture capitalists. Speaking their language is a key to get the best deal for you as entrepreneur.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.