Structured hashtags and wikis for an accelerated localization of knowledge
About the Book
#tagcoding means that one uses standardized hashtags to relate online information to specific topics in order to structure it and retrieve it easily.
This handbook introduces systematically defined hashtags for five topic dimensions: the sustainable development goals and targets, economic activities, functions of government, products and services, and local government units in countries.
Online tools for looking up a topic's coding hashtag support a rapid classification of shared online content. In a #tag2wiki process, the coded content can then be retrieved for curation in local language wikis that have been structured using the five topic dimensions.
The proposition of this handbook is that small changes in using social media and the internet, when done collaboratively and at scale, will accelerate knowledge localization for economic development and for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The digital skills explained in this handbook apply #tagcoding tags that can be looked up in these languages: English (http://en2.wiki), Spanish (http://es2.wiki), French (http://fr2.wiki), Chinese (simplified) (http://zh2.wiki), Russian (http://ru2.wiki), Arabic (http://ar2.wiki), German (http://ger.wiki), Japanese (http://ja2.wiki), Hindi (http://hi2.wiki), Swahili (http://swa.wiki), Dutch (http://nl2.wiki), Tagalog (http://tgl.wiki) and Hiligaynon (http://hil.wiki).
Feel free to contact the author:
- if you are a native speaker, and willing to cooperate for translating #tagpivots into one of these languages: Bangla (http://bn2.wiki), Hausa (http://hau.wiki), Indonesian (http://id2.wiki), Portuguese (http://por.wiki), Punjabi (http://pa2.wiki), Turkish (http://tur.wiki) or Urdu (http://urd.wiki).
- if you are a native speaker of another language listed at Language - ens.wiki and you would like to cooperate for creating a xy2.wiki where xy is the 2 or 3 character ISO 639 code of the language.
If you cannot afford to pay for this handbook you can use this coupon akZH0Ac7vT10.
French version: Manuel de #tagcodage
- Preface to the fourth edition
- Preface to the third edition
- Preface to the second edition
- #tagcoding: why everyone should do it, and how
- Pivotal points in the history of knowledge conversion
- Tools for looking up tagcoding hashtags
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Classification of the Functions of Government (COFOG)
- International Standard Industrial Classification (ISIC)
- Central Product Classification (CPC)
- Territorial Tags
- Language codes
- Annex 1 - #tagcoding hashtags for all Countries
- Annex 2 - Classification of the Functions of Government (COFOG)
- Annex 3 - International Standard Industrial Classification (ISIC)
- Annex 4 - Central Product Classification (CPC)
- Annex 5 - The Sustainable Development Goals and Targets
- Annex 6 - Major languages with language code
- About the author
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.