December 25 Jewish-Style
December 25 Jewish-Style
The Ancient Jewish Celebration Anticipating the Birth of Christ
About the Book
This book traces the roots of this festival to the Jewish Feast of Dedication (Hanukkah). The date of December 25 was borrowed from the Jews, not the pagans. Not only does Pastor Kayser show the Mosaic origins of this family celebration, and demonstrate from internal and external evidence that Jesus really was born on that date, but he also demonstrates how the celebration of this festival on December 25 precedes the pagan celebration of that date by at least one hundred years.
This book outlines the theological basis for celebrating the birth of Jesus on December 25 and gives ideas for celebrating Jewish-style.
Table of Contents
The Controversy over Christmas
- The Regulative Principle of Worship
- Satan the Great Imitator
- Who Imitated Whom?
The Biblical Origins
- The Feast of Hanukkah
- The Date of Christ’s Birth – two possibilities
- The Name Christmas?
- Lunar Versus Solar Calendar?
But what about Liberty of Conscience?
- Individual Liberty
- Church Liberty
- Does Church Liberty Conflict With Personal Liberty?
- Where do we go from here?
Part 2: Suggestions for Celebrating
- Introduction to part 2
Decorations: We Keep It Rustic
- Decorations Related to Humility
- Booth, Hut, or Stable
- The Menorah and Other Candles
- Branches Everywhere
- Gift Giving
- Miscellaneous creative decorations
Some Sample Hanukkah Recipes
- Roast Chicken
- Sweet Challa Bread
- Middle Eastern Flat Bread
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup (Aka Korma Soup)
- Mulled Wine
- Apple and Orange Punch
- Hanukkah Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
- Hanukkah Loukoumades (Honey Puffs)
Readings & Celebration
- General Instructions
- Day 1 – The Bible is the Light
- Day 2 - Jesus is the Light.
- Day 3 – Believers are lights
- Day 4 – The Spirit is the Light.
- Day 5 – the Kingdom is the Light.
- Day 6 – Guidance Is Our Light.
- Day 7 – God’s Blessing on our Work is Light.
- Day 8 – The Eternal Kingdom will be the Light.
- About the Author
Other books by this author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them