Sunday as a First-Day Sabbath
Last updated on 2018-02-09
About the Book
Are we still compelled to keep the Sabbath? How has the Sabbath changed since creation?
This book looks to the Bible to find how we are supposed to relate to the Sabbath. It also examines the early church's view of the Sabbath.
1. The “First Day Sabbath” Concept
- 1988-1989 Calendar
2. The Sabbath Principle Shown to be an Abiding Principle
- The Sabbath is a creation ordinance (Genesis 2:3)
- Gentiles are repeatedly commanded to keep the Sabbath
- It is one of the “Ten Commandments” (Exodus 20)
- Explicitly called an everlasting or perpetual statute (Exodus 31:16-17)
- We are commanded to worship God on the Sabbath
- Sabbath command to labor for six days
- New Testament continuation
- Old Testament prophesy
- Christ taught proper observance of the Sabbath
- Christ’s prophesy for the Great Tribulation
- Revelation 1:10
3. Historical Changes In the Sabbath
- Detailed analysis
- The Change to “First Day Sabbath” Hinted at in the Old Testament
4. Christ’s Resurrection Establishes a New First Day Sabbath
- The Greek form of the fourth commandment.
- Jewish Sabbath abolished along with all other Old Testament and Old World days.
- Resurrection accounts that bring in a new Sabbath.
- Early Church celebration
5. The Early Church Saw Sunday as the Christian Sabbath
- 74AD The Letter of Barnabas
- 90AD Didache
- 107AD Ignatius
- 110AD Pliny
- 130AD Barnabas
- 150AD Epistle of the Apostles
- 150AD Justin
- 180AD Acts of Peter
- 190AD Clement Of Alexandria
- 200AD Bardesanes
- 200AD Tertullian
- 220AD Origen
- 225AD The Didascalia
- 250AD Cyprian
- 300AD Victorinus
- 300AD Eusebius of Caesarea
- 345AD Athanasius
- 350AD Cyril of Jerusalem
- 360AD Council of Laodicea (an ecumenical council)
- 387AD John Chrysostom
- 400AD The Apostolic Constitutions
6. Scriptural Guidelines on How to Observe the Sabbath
- Guidelines from Jeremiah 17:19-23
- Guidelines from Genesis 2:1-3: The Day God Blessed
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.