Dressed up for Church?!
Dressed up for Church?!
A Contrarian Rag on Appropriate Clothing
About the Book
Does God care what we wear? Is there proper attire for public worship?
the Bible is our guide and provides an answer to the culture wars of church fashion. Using the Bible's blueprints we can walk the line between legalism and abusing our freedom.
- Introduction: Stand out in a crowd!
- 1. The new legalism
- 2. Outward or inward clothing?
- 3. Isn’t this contrary to class distinctions?
4. The Biblical case for dressing up
- We are indeed commanded to dress up.
- There are examples of those commands being fulfilled by priests and non-priests; Jews and Gentiles.
- Dressing up shows respect for God and worship as we publicly covenant with Him.
5. So what do we wear?
- No uniform Biblical dress code.
- Culture doesn’t define the dress code.
- Clothing should be appropriate for the occasion.
- Clothing should be affordable.
- Clothing should be aesthetically pleasing.
- We should strive to give God our best in worship.
- Clothing should be modest.
- The distinction of formal worship.
- The church historically took this position
- 6. Conclusion
Dressing For Work
- How to Dress for Success
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.