Dressed up for Church?!
Last updated on 2018-02-06
About the Book
Does God care what we wear? Is there proper attire for public worship?
the Bible is our guide and provides an answer to the culture wars of church fashion. Using the Bible's blueprints we can walk the line between legalism and abusing our freedom.
- Introduction: Stand out in a crowd!
- 1. The new legalism
- 2. Outward or inward clothing?
- 3. Isn’t this contrary to class distinctions?
4. The Biblical case for dressing up
- We are indeed commanded to dress up.
- There are examples of those commands being fulfilled by priests and non-priests; Jews and Gentiles.
- Dressing up shows respect for God and worship as we publicly covenant with Him.
5. So what do we wear?
- No uniform Biblical dress code.
- Culture doesn’t define the dress code.
- Clothing should be appropriate for the occasion.
- Clothing should be affordable.
- Clothing should be aesthetically pleasing.
- We should strive to give God our ‘best’ in worship.
- Clothing should be modest.
- The distinction of formal worship.
- The church historically took this position
- 6. Conclusion
Dressing For Work
- How to Dress for Success
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.