Modern Java 8
Modern Java 8
About the Bundle
This bundle includes everything* you need to know about Java and polyglot JVM programming. "Modern Java" covers the best practices of today's Java developer (including Java 1.7 and the whole Java ecosystem), and "What's New in Java 8" covers the new features of Java 8, including lambda expressions and Nashorn.
*okay, maybe not everything, but lot's of things!
Java 7 and Polyglot Programming on the JVM
Second Edition is now out!
It's an exciting time to be a programmer, especially in the JVM space. Java 7 is production ready, Java 8 is getting closer to completion, while other JVM languages, like Groovy and Scala, have been increasing in popularity. With the accelerating pace of change in technology, it's important to always be learning and looking forward to the latest and greatest technology.
This book will help you:
- Learn all the new features of Java 7
- Understand how JUnit theories and Hamcrest can help you write better tests.
- Work with in-depth examples of Groovy and Scala code.
- Learn the design patterns and principles of Groovy and Scala and how they can improve your Java skills.
- Understand the latest frameworks for concurrent programming on the JVM.
- Get tips on Maven, Gradle, Grails, Play and more.
This book is meant for the following people:
- People who want to learn about the latest Java and JVM technology.
- Java developers who are curious about Groovy, Scala, etc.
- Developers who believe that learning about other tools and languages make them better developers.
"bought both of your books (Modern Java & Modern Programming) and let me tell you, what a great value and extremely good content" - RozzotDisclaimer
Java is a registered trademark of Oracle. You can find Java here on Oracle's website.
What's New in Java 8
An unofficial guide to Java and JDK 1.8
Java 8 is a giant step forward for the Java language. In Project Lambda, Java gets a new closure syntax (lambda expressions), method-references, and default and static methods on interfaces. It manages to add many of the features of functional languages without losing the clarity and simplicity Java developers have come to expect. In addition, many of the existing Java core library classes have been enhanced with the new Streams API.
This ebook will help you understand Java 8, including: Project Lambda, the new Date-Time API, Streams, default methods, Nashorn, and more.
This book is 100% complete and available in print here and other places.
10% of all proceeds go directly to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Disclaimer: Java is a registered trademark of Oracle. You can find Java here on Oracle's website.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms