About the Book
This book follows the same style as my pyFPDF book. I share many code samples and advice that you may find helpful while working with `fullCalendar`. Although the documentation is excellent and Google and StackOverflow are a developer's best friends, I think that by centralizing and organizing our knowledge in one place, a book for example, we can learn better our tools.
This book will be of help to you as it has already been for me. Trying to teach a subject is one of the best ways to learn it.
When you buy the book all code samples and resources will be available in a ZIP package linked from the "Introduction".
The basics of fullCalendar
- A plain instance of fullCalendar
- More navigation buttons
- Hiding days
- Changing locale
- Image as calendar’s background
- Image as background for a particular day
- We must talk about date formats
- Using an event array
- Using a JSON feed
- Selection of date and time slots
- Creating an event interactively
- Modifying events
- Adding the Delete link
- Fixing the code
- Adding events
Managing events using jQuery Dialog
- Create events with jQuery dialog
- Modify events with jQuery Dialog
- Remove events with jQuery Dialog
Drag and drop external events
- Preparing the external objects to generate events
- Making external events draggable
- Preparing the calendar to accept external events
- Updating the notification area
Using a database with
Database representation of a
- Another alternative: Saving events as JSON
- Saving events
- Loading events
- Modifying events
- Updating events when dragged and resized
- Deleting events
- Database representation of a
Interacting with widgets
- Navigating using a datepicker
- Checkboxes to set visibility of events
Basic recurring events
- Business Hours
dow(day of week) list
- What happens when recurring events are editable?
Beyond the basics
Recurrent events client-side with
- Recurrent events client-side with
- Basic recurring events
- Constrain event creation to date or time ranges
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.