Tending His Sheep
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-11-23
About the Book
This workbook is a study on Practical Theology and living as an "ambassador" within the "Kingdom of God" and the "Kingdom of Heaven". It builds on the knowledge gained from "Feeding His Lambs" and adds the topics of our current and future roles as Christians within the "Kingdom of Heaven" and the "Kingdom of God". Furthermore, it provides a gentle introduction to various essential teachings (aka -also known as- "doctrines") found in Systematic, Historical, and Practical Theologies, — their origins, their motivations, from those early years toward encroaching heresies and heterodoxy, and their "final traditional agreements" incorporated into today's church dogma. The "sparring sessions" become more intense as we review these ancient "heresies and heterodoxies".
Links are provided to various external scripture translations, lexicons, topical commentaries from the Blue Letter Bible and other proprietary resources. These external links provide additional background information, and concepts for deeper spiritual growth from notable Theologians found throughout the modern-day Body of Christ. I generally quote from the New American Standard Bible and will indicate otherwise when I use another translation. I assume the reader is ready to "eat spiritual finger food" and is beyond the need for, and "weened from, "spiritual milk". (criteria found in Hebrew 5:13-14 and workbook #1 online lessons) I have incorporated several of my dad's — Rev. C. G. Gose, Th.D., D.Div. — sermons, lectures, journals, and articles throughout this entire collection.
- Copyrights & Distribution
- About this Workbook
This workbook is
- … NOT for folks who …
- … for Believers in Jesus, the Christ, and Son of God.
- What you’ll learn …
Knowing Jesus Personally
- How will you respond?
Part I - Ruling & Reigning
Kingdom of WHAT?
- Deeper Dive: But Matthew says …
- Deeper Dive: Charles Ryrie’s Clarifications
Role as Ambassadors
- Understanding our position
- Understanding our influence
- Understanding our stewardship
Role as kings of THE King
- Understanding our Rulership
- Kingdom of WHAT?
Part II - Basic Doctrines
- “Eve’s Lesson” To Theologians
- Doctrinal Categories
- Orthodoxy and Traditions
- Warning! Heresies Ahead!
Early Church Fathers
- Justin Martyr — “… made like God.”
- Athanasius — “… putting on the body”
The Bible - Doctrine of Bibliology
- Our Reception of the Bible
King James Version
- Deeper Dive: Apocrypha Removed? Why?
- The Bible “is” OR “contains” God’s Words?
Understanding the Bible
- Deeper Dive: Synoptic Gospels
Theology Proper — Doctrine of God
Who is God?
- Yahweh’s Attributes
- Yahweh’s Nature
- Yahweh’s Emotional Personality
- Yahweh’s Benevolence
Doctrine of Christology
- Christ — the Son of Man
- Who is This “Unique” Son
- Deeper Dive: Christ’s 3-day “Descent” into Hell?
Doctrine of Pneumatology
- Quotes Wilbur Pickering’s New Testament
- “Who” or “What” is the Holy “Breath”?
- Is the Holy Ghost a male or a female?
- Mission of the Holy Ghost
- Biblical Search
- Historical Background
- Blasphemy against the “Holy Breath”?
- Doctrine of the Trinity
- Who is God?
- First Century Beliefs - Sun vs Egg
Third Century Beliefs
- Early Heresies: Tri-theism
- Early Heresies: Non-trinitarianism
Mankind - Doctrine of Christian Anthropology
Created in His image
- Soul of Mankind
- Commissioned for His Governance
Proving the Soul’s Existence
- Advanced test: Soul Responding to Stimuli
Decline of Mankind
- Early Heresies — Marcion & Gnostics
- Created in His image
Non-humans - Doctrine of Angelology
- What is Angelology?
- Who or What are Angels?
- Angelic Missions
- Who or What are “devils”, “evil spirits”, & Satan
Sin & Evil — Doctrine of Hamartiology
What is Sin?
- The overall concept
- Deeper Dive: Hebrews 6:4-12 Explained
- Where did “Sin” come from?
- What is Evil?
- Sin vs. Evil
- What is Sin?
Salvation - Doctrine of Soteriology
- Conditional Election
- Unconditional Election
Propitiation & Reconciliation
- Deeper Dive: Atonement Debated
Church - Doctrine of Ecclesiology
- Church Foundation
- Missiology is a Doctrine?
- Church Fellowship
- Church Organizational Structure
Christian Zeal Examined
- True Christian Zeal
Future Events - Doctrine of Eschatology
- What is Eschatology
Signs Preceding Christ’s Return
- The “Rapture”
- The Tribulation — Next Earth Judgment
- Closing Events — Summarized
Rewards & Awards
- Types of Royal Awards
- The Crown of Glory
- The Crown Imperishable
- The Crown of Life
- The Crown of Rejoicing
- The Crown of Righteousness
- Essential Doctrines
Part III - Daily Conduct
- Learning to Communicate.
- The Prayer God Hears
- What is Faith?
- Living by Faith
- How to Achieve Abundant Living?
- Achieving Abundant Living.
- Table of Contents:
Book 1: Tending your Spiritual Neonatus
- Daily Spiritual Nutrition Plan
- Spiritual Snacks between Meals (by Topics)
- Vocabulary & Definitions
- About Dr. S. Lewis Johnson, Jr.
- About Watchman Nee (Nee Shu-tsu )
- About Dr. Wilbur Pickering & “PickNT”
- Religious Quizzes (off-site)
Quiz Listing from “Select Smart”
- Recommend quizzes for insight
- Use with discretion
- Personal Journal & Notebook
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.