Mental Health in Tech: Guidelines for Executives and HR Professionals
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-10-10
About the Book
This document was compiled by Open Sourcing Mental Illness contributors using EEOC guidelines; these contributors are not attorneys and the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials do not constitute legal advice of any type. By using these materials, you agree to accept this disclaimer. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information shared through the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials, however, because information is constantly evolving, Open Sourcing Mental Illness cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, errors or omissions related to the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials. The information provided in the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials are for educational and informational purposes only. You agree to use your own due diligence and judgment before applying any recommendation or advice that you may receive on or through the materials provided by Open Sourcing Mental Illness. Please contact your employment counsel or email@example.com for more information and guidance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Mental Health in Tech: Guidelines for Executives and HR Professionals
- Americans with Disabilities Act Cheat Sheet
Section I: The ADA - Your Responsibilities as an Employer
- Are You Covered?
- What Employment Practices are Covered?
- Who Is Protected?
- How Are Essential Functions Determined?
- What Are My Obligations to Provide Reasonable Accommodations?
- What is the Best Way to Identify a Reasonable Accommodation?
- When Does a Reasonable Accommodation Become An Undue Hardship?
- Can I Require Medical Examinations or Ask Questions About an Individual’s Disability?
- How will the ADA Be Enforced and What Are the Available Remedies?
- How Will EEOC Help Employers Who Want to Comply with the ADA?
- Additional Questions and Answers on the Americans with Disabilities Act
Section II: EEOC Enforcement Guidance on the Americans with Disabilities Act and Psychiatric Disabilities
- Psychiatric disability under the ADA
- Disclosure of disability
- Requesting reasonable accommodations
- Selecting types of reasonable accommodations
Section III: Accommodating Employees with Mental Health Impairments
- What are mental health impairments? - Revisited
- Accommodating Employees with Mental Health Impairments
- Section IV: Resources
- Section V: References
- OSMI Contributors
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...