Just Enough Ghost on a Raspberry Pi
This book is 85% complete
Last updated on 2016-04-02
About the Book
Just Enough Ghost...
... to be dangerous.
If you've blogged before you will know that it provides a fantastic method to share and store information. You may not know that there is an outstanding open source blog that is focussed on elegence and simplicty called Ghost. Better yet, we can run it at home on everyones favourite low cost computer the Raspberry Pi!
Why is this a good idea?
- You may have some philosophical inclination that means you would prefer that you had control of the data you are storing the cloud
- Maybe you want to experiment with some new software and expand your Linux skills;
- Perhaps you feel like flexing your Raspberry Pi a little bit.
Whatever the reason, hopefully you can find the answer here.
Is this book for you?
It's not written for experts. It's put together as a guide to get you started if you're unsure about how to make the first move with a Raspberry Pi, Linux and Ghost.
Why is Just Enough Ghost being written?
Because in the process of learning things, it's a great way to remember them if you write them down :-).
Writing about how to do cool stuff with computers means that we're accumulating ways to help ourselves out when the going gets tricky. Making a book out of the information is a no-brainer since that way more people benefit from the process.
The awesome that is Leanpub.
The book has some information in it, but there's still a bit more to come. Publishing using Leanpub will allow readers to get easy notification of when updates and improvements are made.
So we hope you get something out of the book, please excuse the sometimes light-hearted conversational manner in which we approach the topic and enjoy blogging with Ghost!
- What are we trying to do?
- Who is this book for?
Other Useful Resources
- The Linux Information Project (linfo.org)
What stuff will we need?
- Raspberry Pi
- An Introduction to Ghost
Raspberry Pi Hardware
- SD Card
- Keyboard / Mouse
- Power supply
Sourcing and Setting Up
- Writing the Operating System image to the SD Card
Welcome to Raspbian (Debian Jessie)
- Installing Raspbian
Static IP Address
- The Netmask
- Distinguish Dynamic from Static
- Default Gateway
- Remote access via SSH
- Sourcing and Setting Up
- Base Install
- Access Ghost across the network
- Turning off the Desktop GUI on Raspbian Jessie
- Access Ghost via port 80
- Start Ghost on boot
Setting Up our Ghost Blog
- Create the Account
The Ghost Control Room
- General Settings
- Code injection
- Ghost on a Raspberry Pi Quick set-up.
- Executing Commands in Linux
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...