Dressed up for Church?!
Last updated on 2018-02-06
About the Book
Does God care what we wear? Is there proper attire for public worship?
the Bible is our guide and provides an answer to the culture wars of church fashion. Using the Bible's blueprints we can walk the line between legalism and abusing our freedom.
- Introduction: Stand out in a crowd!
- 1. The new legalism
- 2. Outward or inward clothing?
- 3. Isn’t this contrary to class distinctions?
4. The Biblical case for dressing up
- We are indeed commanded to dress up.
- There are examples of those commands being fulfilled by priests and non-priests; Jews and Gentiles.
- Dressing up shows respect for God and worship as we publicly covenant with Him.
5. So what do we wear?
- No uniform Biblical dress code.
- Culture doesn’t define the dress code.
- Clothing should be appropriate for the occasion.
- Clothing should be affordable.
- Clothing should be aesthetically pleasing.
- We should strive to give God our ‘best’ in worship.
- Clothing should be modest.
- The distinction of formal worship.
- The church historically took this position
- 6. Conclusion
Dressing For Work
- How to Dress for Success
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...