SurviveJS - All books
SurviveJS - All books
About the Bundle
All SurviveJS books in one bundle.
About the Books
SurviveJS - React
From apprentice to master
Facebook's React powers an increasing amount of sites. There is a good reason for this. It simplifies frontend development greatly.
SurviveJS - React shows you how to build a simple Kanban application based on these technologies. During the process you will learn to:
- Learn to understand the ideas behind React.
- Learn to design component hierarchies as you work on the application.
- Get into the React mindset while learning to think and manage state carefully.
- Style your React application in various emerging ways.
- Implement drag and drop for your application using React DnD.
In addition the Leanpub edition contains exclusive chapters showing you how to:
- Deal with typing in React.
- Test your React application in various ways.
Most of the book content is available online at survivejs.com. By buying this book you support the development of further content.
4 reader testimonials
SurviveJS - Webpack 5
From apprentice to master
"SurviveJS - Webpack 5" has been built around a tutorial during which you develop a complex configuration while covering different facets of webpack. The 34 short chapters and six appendices work as a reference you can use while developing your web applications. The book has been written with webpack 5 in mind.
Even though the book has been designed around webpack, many of the techniques covered go beyond it. You will learn to improve the quality of your code while becoming aware of optimization techniques that help you to deliver more performant web applications.
The book was developed in collaboration with the webpack community, and its structure has evolved accordingly. A third of royalties go to Tobias Koppers, the author of the tool. The writer is a core developer of webpack so by purchasing this book you will support the effort in multiple ways.
The content has been split as below:
- Foreword by Tobias Koppers, the author of webpack
- Preface by Juho Vepsäläinen, the author of the book and a core developer of webpack
- What is Webpack? - Learn what makes webpack tick
- Developing - Set up a development environment on top of webpack
- Styling - Load and manage styles while learning about topics like autoprefixing and eliminating unused CSS
- Loading Assets - Load different asset types and process them
- Building - Write initial build with webpack and learn techniques like bundle and code splitting
- Optimizing - Learn to optimize the build results by minifying, tree shaking, and other techniques
- Output - Understand webpack's output formats, multiple page builds, and module federation
- Techniques - Learn specific techniques related to topics such as testing and consuming packages
- Extending - Extend webpack with loaders and plugins
- Conclusion - Recap core techniques
- Appendices - Learn how webpack compares with other tools, how to set up Hot Module Replacement, troubleshoot webpack
The Leanpub edition comes with a two page PDF cheatsheet that covers the main ideas of webpack in a compact format. It's also available in poster form (single A3, either portrait or landscape). You also get a ~20 page QA PDF where Tobias Koppers, the creator of the tool answers to tough questions.
7 reader testimonials
SurviveJS - Maintenance
What Will You Learn
Unless you work on fresh greenfield projects all the time, maintenance concerns are something that will come up fast. The book has been structured into small parts where you learn:
- How to manage npm packages
- How to improve code quality
- How to set up infrastructure for your project
- How to document the project in a sustainable manner
- How to plan for the future
In addition, there are small appendices that delve into deeper detail on topics such as monorepos and customizing ESLint.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them