SurviveJS - Webpack
Last updated on 2017-02-21
About the Book
Webpack is a powerful bundling tool made popular particularly by the success of Facebook's React. Webpack, a bundler, takes in assets and then transforms them into a form suitable for the browser. It happens to do this well. It isn't the easiest tool to learn due to its configuration driven approach, but despite this it's worth studying. By reading this book you will learn to:
- Set up a Webpack based development and production environment. You can find the configuration online as well.
- Understand Webpack's Hot Module Replacement (HMR) and how to configure it in various ways.
- Learn to deal with styling with Webpack. This includes hashing and extracting styles to separate files.
- Load different types of assets and even implement loaders of your own in a test driven manner.
- Learn to load dependencies dynamically while your application or site is running.
- Learn to configure React specific setup in an effective manner.
The book contents are freely available online. By purchasing this book you support its development. A part (~30%) of the profit goes to Tobias Koppers, the author of Webpack. This helps him to develop the tool further.
The book in pdf, epub, mobi. The source code is available at https://github.com/survivejs/webpack.
One for a friend too
Get a copy for a friend as well. Includes two copies.
One for the team
Get copies for your team mates. Or friends. I don't discriminate. Includes four copies.
Neeraj Singh (Founder of BigBinary)
Practical tips on Webpack
Webpack is powerful but configuring it can be painful. Same goes with React. There are so many ways of configuring React with asset compilation, minification etc that it is easy to get lost. This book provides practical tips on how to proceed.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms