SurviveJS - Webpack
Last updated on 2017-05-24
About the Book
"SurviveJS - Webpack" has been built around a tutorial during which you develop a complex configuration while covering different facets of webpack. The 45 short chapters and seven appendices work as a reference you can use while developing your web applications. Also available as a paperback.
Even though the book has been designed around webpack, many of the techniques covered go beyond it. You will learn to improve the quality of your code while becoming aware of optimization techniques that help you to deliver more performant web applications.
The book was developed in collaboration with the webpack community, and its structure has evolved accordingly. A third of royalties go to Tobias Koppers, the author of the tool. The writer is a core developer of webpack so by purchasing this book you will support the effort in multiple ways.
The content has been split as below:
- Foreword by Tobias Koppers, the author of webpack
- Preface by Juho Vepsäläinen, the author of the book and a core developer of webpack
- What is Webpack? - Learn what makes webpack tick
- Developing - Set up a development environment on top of webpack
- Styling - Load and manage styles while learning about topics like autoprefixing and eliminating unused CSS
- Loading Assets - Load different asset types and process them
- Building - Write initial build with webpack and learn techniques like bundle and code splitting
- Optimizing - Learn to optimize the build results by minifying, tree shaking, and other techniques
- Output - Understand webpack's output formats
- Techniques - Learn specific techniques related to topics such as testing
- Packages - Consume and author npm packages with webpack
- Extending - Extend webpack with loaders and plugins
- Conclusion - Recap core techniques
- Appendices - Learn how webpack compares with other tools, how to push ESLint further, how to set up Hot Module Replacement, troubleshoot webpack
The book in pdf, epub, mobi. The source code is available at https://github.com/survivejs/webpack.
One for a friend too
Get a copy for a friend as well. Includes two copies.
One for the team
Get copies for your team mates. Or friends. I don't discriminate. Includes four copies.
Gavin Doughtie (Senior Software Engineer, Google)
Before I worked through the SurviveJS Webpack book, my own Webpack config, cobbled together from random code on the Internet, was a mystery to me. Afterwards, I have route-splitting and parallel-loading superpowers.
Clément Paris (Front-End Engineer)
After weeks failing at configuring webpack, I stumbled upon SurviveJS book while looking for yet another tutorial. Since that day, it has been my go-to resource for every single webpack question I ever had.
Andrea Chiumenti (CEO, Red Software Systems)
Brilliant! A must have if you want to to learn Webpack but also if need an updated reference guide. I always use it as a reference guide when I develop.
Neeraj Singh (Founder of BigBinary)
Practical tips on Webpack
Webpack is powerful but configuring it can be painful. Same goes with React. There are so many ways of configuring React with asset compilation, minification etc that it is easy to get lost. This book provides practical tips on how to proceed.
Stefan Frede (Developer)
This book is an invaluable resource if you start working with Webpack!
Aaron Harris (Software Engineer)
Julien Castelain (Software Engineer, Liferay)
This guide is a great way to get started with webpack or improve your existing skills
After a detailed introduction, you'll start working on a webpack project that provides all you need to push your app to production. Highly recommended.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms