A Guide to Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
Last updated on 2017-11-22
About the Book
All of a sudden, everyone is talking about artificial intelligence. It appears as frequently in the news headlines as indefinite articles before nouns. Not to speak about all the other over-hyped buzzwords from the tech scene. Deep learning, machine learning, smart algorithms, augmented intelligence, cognitive computing all line up next to artificial intelligence as the most popular expressions for innovation.
This guide clears up misconceptions about A.I., deep learning, and machine learning, among others to offer a clear overview for healthcare practitioners. It also describes in what fields A.I. can change medicine and healthcare, as well as present the companies with the best track-records.
Editor in Chief, The Medical Futurist
Part I. THE BASICS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Artificial intelligence is sexy
- Exaggerated fears and expectations about A.I.
- Let the quest for balanced views on A.I. begin
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Narrow, general, recognition or super?
- What do you need for developing A.I.?
- Data Analytics, Machine Learning & Deep Learning – Methods of Teaching Algorithms
- Data in healthcare
- A brief history and the current state of electronic medical records
- Why do we need help from A.I. when it comes to data?
Part II. APPLYING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN HEALTHCARE
- Health data management
- Treatment pathway design
- Assistance in repetitive jobs
- Transforming diagnostics
- Health assistance and patient management
- Precision medicine
- Supporting pharma: drug creation and clinical trials
- Patient empowerment with big data
- What does using A.I. algorithms in everyday medicine look like?
Part III. COMPANIES IN THE FOREFRONT OF INNOVATION
- Mining Medical Records within Minutes
- Google Deepmind Health
- IBM WatsonPaths
- Zephyr Health
- Oncora Medical
- CloudMedX Health
- Disrupting Medical Imaging
- Butterfly Network
- Bay Labs
- Speeding up biological and drug development from years to weeks
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Whole Biome
- Deep Genomics
- Resources about A.I.
- Part IV. WILL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE REPLACE PHYSICIANS?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...