The Django Admin ultimate guide
Last updated on 2019-11-26
About the Book
Learn everything you need to know about Django Admin and how to push it a step further, including how to rebrand templates with a complete new design.
Django admin configuration
- Creating models
- Creating fake data
- Adding models to admin
- Displaying models
- Filtering models
- Improve performances
- list_display : add custom fields
- list_display : custom links
- list_display : add actions
- Add actions with intermediate page
- list_display : add custom filter
- list_display : display a database view
- list_display : proxying a model
- list_display : change field empty value
- list_display : using inlines
- change_view : show uneditable fields
- ModelAdmin methods
- Admin basics customisation
- Custom admin class and templates
- Adding chart.js
- Adding bootstrap
- Custom index_page
- Ordering models on index_page
- Admin login page customisation
- Admin new branding
- Rebrand base.html
- Rebrand index.html
- Rebrand change_list.html
- Add view to index.html
Access and right management
- Duplicate admin access
- Manage admin permissions for users and groups
- Override permissions
- Filter models content
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.