Django Standalone Apps
This book is 52% complete
Last updated on 2017-03-16
About the Book
Whether you're new to Django or you've been using it or years, chances are at some point you've given thought to writing a standalone app.
What is a standalone app? It's a Django app just like you use everyday that can imported into any Django project, for you or other developers.
This is the first guide written specifically for writing standalone apps.
- Strategies for extracting an app from an existing project into a standalone app
- Handling database migrations outside of a Django project, including swappable fields (even in Django 1.4 with South)
- Testing apps outside of a Django project
- Managing releases, privately and published on PyPI
- How to support multiple version of Django - and Python, too
- And more!
The book is generally Django version agnostic, written with Django 1.9 as the default version, with considerations back to Django 1.4.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms