Django Standalone Apps
This book is 52% complete
Last updated on 2017-07-29
About the Book
Whether you're new to Django or you've been using it or years, chances are at some point you've given thought to writing a standalone app.
What is a standalone app? It's a Django app just like you use everyday that can imported into any Django project, for you or other developers.
This is the first guide written specifically for writing standalone apps.
- Strategies for extracting an app from an existing project into a standalone app
- Handling database migrations outside of a Django project, including swappable fields (even in Django 1.4 with South)
- Testing apps outside of a Django project
- Managing releases, privately and published on PyPI
- How to support multiple version of Django - and Python, too
- And more!
The book is generally Django version agnostic, written with Django 1.9 as the default version, with considerations back to Django 1.4.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.