Simplicity in Software: Spring
This book is 5% complete
Last updated on 2013-08-19
About the Book
- The Goal
- Ginger Cake and Learning
- The Brutal Truth about Spring
- Grabbing the Code Samples
- Setting up Git
- Downloading the Code
- Setting up Maven
- Running the Code
- The SpringSource Tool Suite
- Copy and Paste is fine!
- Beyond the code: The Podcasts
- How to Contact Us
Introducing the Container: Configuring Spring Beans
- Spring from 10,000 Feet
- Introducing the Koans
- Run, Learn, Fix, Recap: The Koan Way
- The Spring Application Context Object
- Koan 1: Creating an Empty Spring ApplicationContext
Configuring Spring Beans: Simple Value Injection
- Koan 1: Injecting a String Value
Configuring Spring Beans: Dependency Injection
- Inversion of Control (Ioc) vs Dependency Injection(DI)
- Koan 1: Creating a Service Using Property Injection
Configuring your ApplicationContext: Flexibility using Resources
- Koan 1: Initialising the ApplicationContext with a file loaded directly from the filesystem
Building Spring Beans with Custom Factories
- Koan 1: Creating and Configuring a Traditional Singleton Class’s using Spring
Modules and Profiles: Breaking up your Spring XML Configuration
- Koan 1: Dividing your configuration up into multiple XML files
From Creation to Destruction: Getting to know your Spring Bean’s lifecycle
- Koan 1: Changing the Definition of your Spring Beans at Runtime
- Koan 1: Working with instantiated spring beans before they are finally made available using a Bean Post Processors
- Defeating XML Hell on its own turf
- Driving Configuration with Annotations
- Driving Configuration with Java - JavaConfig
- Extending Spring
- Organising your Spring Components - Design and Architecture
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.