Mobile First Web Design
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2018-07-08
About the Book
This is 1st edition that was first published at 2017. I’m now updating the book into 2nd edition with 2018’s latest technology. 2nd Edition will be free update for existing readers. The book is in discounted until I release the 2nd edition.
In this course, we will explore different techniques to create our content in mobile web. We will focus on content strategy for mobile devices. We will try to fit our layout into small screen. We will make the form inputs fit the virtual keyboards in touch devices. We will fetch device data such as raw touches events and device orientation. Finally, we will pack and deploy our web.
- Mobile Web Design
Chapter 1 – Getting started
- Setting up the development environment
- Testing environment
- Where to reference documentation?
Chapter 2 – Content strategy
- Document title
- Content strategy
- Content structure
- Minimal mobile friendly website
- Mobile first approach
- Do mobile web has to be a webpage?
Chapter 3—Using Zurb Foundation
- Kitchen sink
- Setting up Foundation
- Using Foundation in Codepen
- Downloading Foundation
- Foundation grid
- Block grid
- Interchangable content
- Push and pull column
- Flex video
- Off canvas
Chapter 4—Response with media query
- Re-visit the minimal website
- Using viewport to define initial browser rendering
- Using media query to define styles with condition
- Navigation strategy for small screen
- Putting navigation at bottom
- Building our own grid system
- Introducing ungrid—another minimal grid approach
- Media queries in Zurb Foundation
Chapter 5—CSS preprocessing
- What is CSS preprocessor?
- Preprocessor options
- Nested styles
- SCSS variable
- SCSS mixin
- Using loop to define grid
- Bonus: Using English word for the column name
- Different font sizes
- Font size and distance
- Adaptive copywriting basecamp
- Adaptive copywriting for different screens
Chapter 7 – Handling touches
- Click delay
- Using slick
Chapter 8 – Form inputs
- Specify input types
- Styling inputs for mobile
- Styling radio button
- Styling input range
- Using file button
Chapter 9 – Taking the web offline
- Storing data with localstorage
- Offline access with app cache
- Provide offline access with Service Worker
Chapter 10 – Create dedicated mobile website
- One page web application
- Link between pages
- Page transition
- jQuery mobile button
- List View
- Customizing jQuery mobile
- Performance Tips
- One more thing—Mobile as first class citizen
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.