Making Peg Solitaire Browser Games
Making Peg Solitaire Browser Games
Jump-To-Capture Game Mechanics for Phaser.js Gaming Frameworks v3.16+ & v2.x.x
About the Book
Discover how to create online Peg Solitaire and "Jump to Capture" games using the methods in this chapter from the Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection. When you finish this course, you will have a production pipeline to create as many different "Jump to Capture" games as your imagination can dream of!
You'll also get bonus download examples, source code references on how to do every single thing in this game design workbook, so you can copy and paste these examples into your own productions and then modify those resources for your own purposes. General Game Licenses are included in the purchased book.
I would like to guide you in creating several styles of Peg Solitaire game mechanics. We will use the game mechanics, mechanisms and the development methods discussed in Phaser Game Prototypes. By the end of this tutorial, you should have a fully functional Peg Solitaire game using your own gaming assets. There is a supporting website where you can download the bonus content included with your course purchase.
This extraordinarily comprehensive course will teach you how to:
- Use the Phaser JS Gaming Framework! either v2.x.x or v3.x.x
- How to integrate "Jump to Capture" game mechanics into other game genres such as RPG and Combat Systems!
- Use your game as a Progressive Web Application or Single Page Web Application for any device.
- Analyze current business demand for this game's genre and where to deploy it.
- Automatically generate various game boards.
- Instructor Guides and teaching resources available for workshops in this course's special Teacher edition and online courses.
If you have any feedback or suggestions please join our email listing or participate in the forum for this course!
- Supporting website
About this Workbook
- Links and References
- Workbook Content
How to Read & Use this workbook:
- Viewing this eBook:
- Who should use this workbook?
- Your newly obtained skills…
Game Design System™
- Game Studio - Book Series
- Game Studio - Online Courses
- “Making Browser Games” - Books Series
- “Making Browser Games” Series - online Courses
- Programming Courses
- “Walk-Thru Tutorial” Series - Online Courses
- Distribution Permission
Making HTML5 Games
1 Introduction to Game Design
- 1.1 Game Genre Defined
- 1.2 Game Tools & Generators
- 1.3 References From
2 Standard Project Setup
- 2.1 Standardized File Structure
- 2.2 Barebones Set-up
- 2.3 Web Server Required - batteries not included!
3 Starting a Game Project
3.1 Step 0: Review your competition and their games
- Game Examples
- 3.2 Step 1: Create your “front-door”
3.3 Step 2. Create your “Game Shell” & Phases
- Network Impact
- Gamer’s Local Activity
3.4 Select a JS Format
- ES5 Format
- ES6+ Format as “FAT Arrow” Function
- ES6+ Format as “Phaser.Class”
- ES6+ Format as “Phaser.Scene”
- 3.1 Step 0: Review your competition and their games
- 1 Introduction to Game Design
Part II: Making “Peg Solitaire” Browser Games
4 Game Project Overview
- 4.1 Our Goal
- 4.2 Peg Solitaire Genre Description
- 4.3 Game Mechanics (GM) - Logic & Rules
- 4.4 Game Mechanics (GM) - Data Structure
- 4.5 Game Recipe™ Featured Ingredients
5 Peg Solitaire — Core Game Construction
- 5.1 Step 3a: Create “Play.js”
- 5.2 Step 3b: Create Supporting functions.
- 5.3 Conclusion
6 Phaser v3.16+ Code Review
- 6.1 Game Data structures — Lines 57 to 60
- 6.2 hole Selected — Lines 418 to 425
- 6.3 peg Selected — Lines 428 to 435
- 6.4 validate Move — Lines 512 to 771
7 Phaser v2.x.x Code Review
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.2 Game Data structures — Lines 26 to 30
- 7.3 hole selected — Lines 347 to 354
- 7.4 peg selected — Lines 357 to 364
- 7.5 validate Move — Lines 378 to 632
8 Game Shell - The CMS!
- 8.1 Generic
- 8.2 Generic Boot.js
- 8.3 Generic Preload.js
- 8.4 Generic Splash.js or Language.js
- 8.5 Generic Menu.js
8.6 Sample CMS page — Credits.js
- Deeper Dive: Using JAMStack as an SSG …
- Deeper Dive: Static Site Generators (SSG)
- 8.7 Inside each Game Phase
- 8.8 Plug-in Enhancements
- 9 Conclusion
10 Bonus Development Content - 5 GPH!?
- 10.1 Multi-player Variations
- 10.2 Three Musketeers game board
- 10.3 Hnefatafl game board
- 10.4 Blue & Gray – US Civil War Jump-to-Capture
- 10.5 Single-player Variations
- 4 Game Project Overview
10.6 Game Distribution & Marketing
- Introduction: 8-Step Deployment Method.
- 10.7 Book Review Protocol
- 10.8 Tell the world about your game!
- 10.6 Game Distribution & Marketing
- Additional Content Appendices
- Other resources:
- Selling your Game Assets
- Appendix: Making WebXR games!
- Appendix: Online Game Development
- Appendix: Phaser III Plugins
Appendix: “How to Start a WebSocket”
- Testing Your Browser
WebSocket Protocol Handshake
- Deeper Dive: WebSocket API
Sample Source Code: Client-side WebSocket
Step #1: Game
- Step #2: Generate Event handlers
- Step #1: Game
- Deeper Dive: JS Delegation (aka “Inheritance”?)
- The old way
- Objects Linking to Other Objects (OLOO)
- Compare your code
- Exercise Lesson 9:
- Game Singletons
- Deeper Dive: Object Manipulation objects in ES5/6
- Lesson Summary
- Resource References:
- More Resources
Answers to Exercises
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.