Making Dating & Quiz Trivia Browser Games
Making Dating & Quiz Trivia Browser Games
Creating "Trivia Quiz" Game Mechanics for Phaser.js Gaming Frameworks v3.x.x & v2.x.x
About the Book
Discover how to create online "Dating & Trivia Quiz" games using the methods in this single chapter from the Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection. When you finish this chapter, you will have a production pipeline ready to create as many different "quiz" games as your imagination can dream of!
You'll also get bonus content, download examples, game variations, and source code references on how to do every single thing in this game design workbook, so you can copy and paste any examples into your own productions and then modify those resources for your own purposes. General Game Licenses are included in the purchased book.
I would like to guide you in creating several types of "Dating & Trivia Quiz" game mechanics. We will use the game mechanics, mechanisms and the development methods discussed in Phaser Game Prototypes. By the end of this workbook, you should have a fully functional "Quiz" game - not just a copy of my game, but your very own product using your own gaming assets. There is a supporting website where you can download the bonus content included with your workbook's purchase.
This extraordinarily comprehensive guide will teach you how to:
- Use either the Phaser JS Gaming Framework either v2.x.x or v3.16+.
- How to integrate "Quiz" game mechanics into other game genres such as Detective adventure and spy stories!
- Use your game as a "Progressive Web Application" or "Single Page Web Application" for any device.
- Analyze current business demand for this game's genre, how and where to deploy it.
- Automatically generate various game board features.
If you have any feedback or suggestions please join our email listing or participate in the forum for this course!
- Supporting website
About this Workbook
- Links and References
- Workbook Content
- How to Read & Use this workbook:
- Your newly obtained skills…
Game Design System™
- Game Studio - Book Series
- Game Studio - Online Courses
- “Making Browser Games” - Books Series
- “Making Browser Games” Series - online Courses
- Programming Courses
- “Walk-Thru Tutorial” Series - Online Courses
- Distribution Permission
Making HTML5 Games
1 Introduction to Game Design
- 1.1 Game Genre Defined
- 1.2 Game Tools & Generators
- 1.3 References From
2 Standard Project Setup
- 2.1 Standardized File Structure
- 2.2 Barebones Set-up
- 2.3 Web Server Required - Batteries not included!
3 Starting a Game Project
- 3.1 Step 0: Review your competition and their games
- 3.2 Step 1: Create your “front-door”
- 3.3 Step 2. Create your “Game Shell” & Phases
- 3.4 Select a JS Format
- 1 Introduction to Game Design
Part II: Making “Trivia Quiz” Browser Games
4 Trivia Quiz — Core Game Construction
- 4.1 Game Project Overview
- 4.2 Our Goal
- 4.3 Trivia Quiz Genre Description
- 4.4 Game Mechanics (GM) - Logic & Rules
- 4.5 Game Mechanics (GM) - Data Structure (Draft)
- 4.6 Game Recipe™ Featured Ingredients
- 4.7 Design Considerations
- 4.8 Step 3a: Create “Play.js”
- 4.9 Step 3b: Create Supporting functions.
- 4.10 Conclusion
5 Phaser v3.16+ Code Review
- 5.1 Game #1 — Mensa Mental Math™ — a math tutor game.
- 5.2 playGame
- 5.3 Game #1 Supporting Functions
- 5.4 Game #1 Score storage - Lines 449 to 451
- 5.5 Game Project #2 — Tomfoolery Trivia Topics™
- 5.6 Game #2 Code Review - main.js
- 5.7 Game #2 Code Review - boot.js
- 5.8 Game #2 Code Review - load.js
- 5.9 Game #2 Code Review - language.js
- 5.10 Game #2 Code Review - menu.js
- 5.11 Game #2 Code Review - exitGame.js
- 5.12 Game #2 Code Review - play.js
- 5.13 Game #2 Supporting Functions
6 Phaser v2.x.x Code Review
- 6.1 Game #1 — Mensa Mental Math™ — a math tutor game.
- 6.2 Game #1 supporting Functions
- 6.3 Game #2 — Tomfoolery Trivia Topics™ — a simple trivia game.
- 6.4 Game #2 Code Review
- 6.5 Game #2 supporting Functions
- 6.6 Game #3 — Dating Veronica Darlene™ — a simple dating game.
- 6.7 Game #3 Code Review
- 6.8 Game #3 supporting Functions
7 Game Shell - The CMS!
- 7.1 Main.js
- 7.2 Boot.js
- 7.3 Preload.js
- 7.4 Splash.js or Language.js
- 7.5 Menu.js
- 7.6 Inside each Game Phase
- 8 Plug-in Enhancements
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 Bonus Development Content
- 4 Trivia Quiz — Core Game Construction
- 10.1 Game Distribution & Marketing
- 10.2 Book Review Protocol
- 10.3 Tell the world about your game!
- Additional Content Appendices
- Other resources:
- Selling your Game Assets
- Appendix: Making WebXR games!
- Appendix: Online Game Development
- Appendix: Phaser III Plugins
Appendix: “How to Start a WebSocket”
- Testing Your Browser
- WebSocket Protocol Handshake
- Sample Source Code: Client-side WebSocket
- Deeper Dive: JS Delegation (aka “Inheritance”?)
- The old way
- Objects Linking to Other Objects (OLOO)
- Compare your code
- Exercise Lesson 9:
- Game Singletons
- Deeper Dive: Object Manipulation objects in ES5/6
- Lesson Summary
- Resource References:
- More Resources
Answers to Exercises
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Digital-First EventsJoep Piscaer and Jana Boruta
The only resource you will ever need to launch your digital events program.
Algebra-Driven DesignSandy Maguire
A how-to field guide on building leak-free abstractions and algebraically designing real-world applications.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
Continuous Delivery PipelinesDave Farley
This practical handbook provides a step-by-step guide for you to get the best continuous delivery pipeline for your software.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud can transform your organization, but it shouldn’t be driven by wishes. This book tells you how to develop a sound strategy guided by frameworks and decision models without being overly abstract nor getting lost in product details.
node-opcua by exampleEtienne Rossignon
Get the best out of node-opcua through a set of documented examples by the author himself that will allow you to create stunning OPCUA Servers or Clients.
Technical leadership and the balance with agilitySimon Brown
A developer-friendly, practical and pragmatic guide to lightweight software architecture, technical leadership and the balance with agility.
Everyday Rails - RSpecによるRailsテスト入門Junichi Ito (伊藤淳一), AKIMOTO Toshiharu, 魚振江, and Aaron Sumner
RSpecを使ってRailsアプリケーションに信頼性の高いテストを書く実践的なアドバイスを提供します。詳細で丁寧な説明は本書のオリジナルコンテンツです。また、説明には実際に動かせるサンプルアプリケーションも使用します。本書は2017年版にアップデートされ、RSpec 3.6やRails 5.1といった新しい環境に対応しています！さあ、自信をもってテストできるようになりましょう！
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Modern C++ by Nicolai Josuttis
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
The Python Craftsman
3 BooksThe Python Craftsman series comprises The Python Apprentice, The Python Journeyman, and The Python Master. The first book is primarily suitable for for programmers with some experience of programming in another language. If you don't have any experience with programming this book may be a bit daunting. You'll be learning not just a programming...
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...