Learn How Products Get Started
Learn How Products Get Started
Stories of how tech founders setup their products and the lessons they learned
About the Book
Praise for Learn How Products Get Started:
- Holy crap this looks awesome so far! - Nicholas Hance, CEO Reenhanced, LLC
- I've just finished reading it. It's great. This is a book, that I'm going to recommend to our clients, when we explain the MVP approach. Having some real, practical arguments for the "less is better" process is very helpful. Thanks! - Andrzej Krzywda, arkency.com
- Thanks for such a beautiful book! It’s very inspiring to read all the stories. I’m looking forward to receiving the next interviews :) — Dmitry Suholet (@suholet)
- Was a featured book on the Leanpub homepage!
Wouldn't it be great to know how others have launched their SaaS products and what architectures and services they used to get it out of the door?
Say you're building a Web Product or SaaS and you're about to launch, do you risk running it all on one server?
Should you run your database on one server and the web application on another server?
Maybe yet another server to handle worker queues? How much is all of this going to cost? What about sending emails, how can you make sure your customers will get their emails? What happens if you can't afford an email provider just yet?
You're taking payments from customers right out of the gate and Amazon corrupts your database, what do you do?
Now, the database is causing a SEGFAULT in MySQL, who do you call?
These are just some of the anecdotes shared in the candid interviews in the book. Imagine you had the ability to have conversations with other founders who had been through all of this before, and they could tell you what to watch out for, and which mistakes they made for which they paid the price.
Read interviews with founders of some truly world class products:
- Tyler Rooney - 4ormat
- Oleg Gutsol - 500px
- Ryan Funduk - Bugrocket
- Nate Kontny - Draft
- Jen Adwent-Fong - NoodleApp
- Brennan Dunn - Planscope.io
- Marc-Andre Cournoyer - TalkerApp
- Nick Ragaz - EMRInbox
- Adam Meghji - Uniiverse
Each story is fascinating and shares many insights into the realities of getting your product out into the world and accepting users.
- Who Should Read This Book
- About The Author
- 4ormat.com - Tyler Rooney
- 500px.com - Oleg Gutsol
- Bugrocket - Ryan Funduk
- Draft - Nate Kontny
- EMR Inbox - Nick Ragaz
- NoodleApp - Jen Adwent-Fong
- Planscope.io - Brennan Dunn
- TalkerApp - Marc-Andre Cournouyer (2010)
- Uniiverse - Adam Meghji
- Cheat Sheet / Aphorisms
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.