Headless HTML5 Game Design
This book is 2% complete
Last updated on 2020-08-15
About the Book
Work in Progress. ... extending the Headless CMS concepts into Game Design and Development.
- Supporting website
- Book Cover
- Disclaimer (Draft)
About this Workbook (Draft)
- Links and References (Draft)
- Workbook Content (Draft)
How to Read & Use this workbook: (Draft)
- Viewing this eBook:
- Who should use this workbook? (Draft)
- Your newly obtained skills… (Draft)
Game Design System™
- Business Product Management: Books & Courses
- “Making Browser Games” Series - online Courses
- Game Programming Course
- “Walk-Thru Tutorial Series” - Course Series
- Game Recipes™ & Instruction Guides Series
- Distribution Permission
Part I: “Headless” is not “Mindless”!
- 1 Introduction
2 What is “Headless” design?
- 2.1 Headless CMS Reviewed
- 2.2 Applying “Headless” to Traditional Game Design
3 Business Considerations
- 3.1 eCommerce Integration
- 3.2 License Generation
- 3.3 Playing on IoT Devices
3.4 Expanding Game Play Deliveries
- Play By Mail (PBM)
- Play By eMail (PBeM)
- Play By “Modem” (Remote)
4 Technology Selection
- 4.1 What is a JAMstack?
- 4.2 What is Block-chain?
- 4.3 Part I: Summary
- 4.4 Resources
Part II: Network and Design Concepts
5 IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CaaS, M-o-u-s-e!
5.1 Alphabet Soup Defined
- White Label Products
- Static Site Generation
- 5.1 Alphabet Soup Defined
- 5 IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CaaS, M-o-u-s-e!
Part III: Headless Game Design
6 Studio “Back-end” Construction
- 6.1 Step 1: Select Back-end Middleware
- 6.2 Step 2: Select Storage
- 6.3 Step 3: Select Content Delivery Network
6.4 Step 4: Create Access Doorways
- Admin Content Editor
- B2B License & Back-end Access
- Fans License & Back-end Access
- 6 Studio “Back-end” Construction
Part IV: 4 Step-by-Step Tutorials (Draft)
- 7 Times are changing!
- Book Review Protocol
- Tell the world about your cutting-edge “hCMS” game!
Game Distribution & Marketing
- Introduction: 8-Step Deployment Method.
- Available Headless CMS
- More Resources
- Appendix: Making Phaser 3D Games!
Appendix: “How to Start a WebSocket”
- Testing Your Browser
WebSocket Protocol Handshake
- Deeper Dive: WebSocket API
Sample Source Code: Client-side WebSocket
Step #1: Game
- Step #2: Generate Event handlers
- Step #1: Game
- MMoG Protection
- Appendix: Phaser Plugins
- Other resources:
- Selling your Game Assets
JS OLOO - Modern Game Development Method
- Deeper Dive: JS Delegation (aka “Inheritance”?)
- The old way
- Objects Linking to Other Objects (OLOO)
- Compare your code
- Exercise Lesson 9:
- Game Singletons
- Deeper Dive: Object Manipulation objects in ES5/6
- Lesson Summary
- Resource References:
Answers to Exercises
- JS OLOO - Modern Game Development Method
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.