Headless HTML5 Game Design
Headless HTML5 Game Design
Creating Cloud-based Games For Any JS Gaming Framework.
About the Book
Work in Progress. ... extending the Headless CMS concepts into Game Design and Development.
- Supporting website
About this Workbook: (Draft)
- Links and References (Draft)
- Workbook Content (Draft)
How to Read & Use this workbook: (Draft)
- Viewing this eBook:
- Who should use this workbook? (Draft)
- Your newly obtained skills… (Draft)
Game Design System™ Recipes:
- Business Product Management: Books
- Business Product Development: Online Courses
- “Making Browser Games” Series - online Courses
- Game Programming Course
- “Walk-Thru Tutorial Series” - Course Series
- Game Recipes™ & Instruction Guides Series
- Distribution Permission
Part I: “Headless” is not “Mindless”!
- 1.1 What is a “Headless” design?
- 1.2 Why Consider Headless Design?
- 1.3 Applying “Headless” to Traditional Game Design
2 Business Considerations
- 2.1 White Label Product Development
- 2.2 eCommerce Integration
- 2.3 License Generation
- 2.4 Playing on IoT Devices
2.5 Expanding Game Play Deliveries
- Play By Mail (PBM)
- Play By eMail (PBeM)
- Play By “Modem” (Remote)
3 Technology Selection
- 3.1 What is a JAMstack?
- 3.2 What is Block-chain?
- 3.3 Part I: Summary
- 3.4 Resources
- 1 Introduction
Part II: Network and Design Concepts
4 IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CaaS, M-o-u-s-e!
4.1 Alphabet Soup Defined
- White Label Products
- Static Site Generation
- 4.1 Alphabet Soup Defined
- 4 IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CaaS, M-o-u-s-e!
Part III: Headless Game Design
5 Studio “Back-end” Construction
- 5.1 Step 1: Select Back-end Middleware
- 5.2 Step 2: Select Storage
- 5.3 Step 3: Select Content Delivery Network
5.4 Step 4: Create Access Doorways
- Admin Content Editor
- B2B License & Back-end Access
- Fans License & Back-end Access
- 5 Studio “Back-end” Construction
Part IV: 4 Step-by-Step Tutorials (Draft)
- 6 Times are changing!
7 What’s next?
7.1 Game Distribution & Marketing
- Introduction: 8-Step Deployment Method.
- 7.2 Book Review Protocol
- 7.3 Tell the world about your game!
- 7.1 Game Distribution & Marketing
- Additional Appendices
- Other resources:
- Selling your Game Assets
- Appendix: Online Game Development
- Appendix: Making WebXR Games!
- Appendix: Phaser III Plugins
Appendix: “How to Start a WebSocket”
- Testing Your Browser
WebSocket Protocol Handshake
- Deeper Dive: WebSocket API
Sample Source Code: Client-side WebSocket
Step #1: Game
- Step #2: Generate Event handlers
- Step #1: Game
- Available Headless CMS
- Deeper Dive: JS Delegation (aka “Inheritance”?)
- The old way
- Objects Linking to Other Objects (OLOO)
- Compare your code
- Exercise Lesson 9:
- Game Singletons
- Deeper Dive: Object Manipulation objects in ES5/6
- Lesson Summary
- Resource References:
- More Resources
Answers to Exercises
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.