Conferences for Introverts
Conferences for Introverts
Stop looking at your shoes and thrive in the world optimized for the other half
About the Book
Being around people sucks! Yet, attending conferences and other social gatherings advances my career forward, widens my network, and forms new great friendships. If that’s what you think, this book is for you.
We will cover ways to optimize your experience, attitude, and results of attending any professional social event as an introvert
Why would you want to go to a conference?
- Why are you going there?
Before you go
- Research, follow and engage speakers
- Research the location
- Research extracurricular activities
- Write down and learn your elevator pitch
- Prepare talking points
- Do you have a conference buddy?
- Fighting jetlag
Stay where speakers stay
- How I benefited from staying at “speaker hotels.”
- How to figure out where speakers are staying
- What if I can’t figure out the speaker hotel or can’t stay there for other reasons?
- You will be disappointed
- The key to post-conference happiness
Default to Yes
- How I refused to dine with Scott Hanselman
- Default to Yes
- Retreat to your hotel for a while
- Do some work in a hallway
- Go to sessions
- Pass a plate
- Sit at a crowded table
- Note dietary preferences
- My name is…
- Wear your colors
- Enhance your badge
- Be yourself
- Know how they look
- Twitter is your everything
- Live recordings, meetups and side events
Speak at Conferences
- Speaking at conferences gives you the best ROI.
- Where do I start?
- One way to cheat for a similar effect
- What about stage fright?
- Best public speaking advice I ever got
Once you return home
- Turn negative into positive
- Reflect and leave the door open
The Secret to Beautiful Presentations
- You suck, but your slides rock
- Enter Stock Photos
Ode to Twitter
- What spending the whole day on Twitter can do for you?
- And the moral of the story is…
- What’s next?
- About the author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.