Strategies for Continuous Deployment
About the Book
The advent of cloud computing has changed the way applications are being built, deployed and hosted. One important development in recent years has been the emergence of DevOps — a discipline at the crossroads between application development and system administration. As more and more groups adopt DevOps organizational strata, understanding this new structure is key to keeping fresh and innovative. Grab this volume to learn about Continuous Integration tooling, Configuration Management, Docker Containers, and an API-driven approach to uniting development and delivery.
*All proceeds from the sale of this eBook will be donated to the Salvation Army in Sweden.
Editor in Chief @ Nordic APIs
Bill Conrad Doerrfeld is an API specialist, interested in API economy research, marketing, and evergreen content evangelism for developer communities. He is the Editor in Chief for Nordic APIs. Before that he studied the API space as Directory Manager & Associate Editor for the ProgrammableWeb API directory. Follow him on Twitter, or reach out via email.
Seven Days Founder, Blogger @ Nordic APIs
Vassili van der Mersch is a technology entrepreneur and freelance programmer from Belgium. He is the founder of Sevendays and formerly a manager at Accenture, where he worked as a technology consultant for 10 years. Throughout his career in consulting, he has worked on a variety of API backends for large organizations in government and financial services. Follow him on Twitter or reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Defining the Emerging Role of DevOps
- What is DevOps?
- Why DevOps is Powerful
- Implementing DevOps
- DevOps Tools
- DevOps as a Career
- Analysis: Less Uptime Sacrificed for new Features
10 Continuous Integration Tools to Spur API Development
- Dredd, by Apiary
- SmartBear TestComplete Platform
- Swagger Diff
- Analysis: CI is a Growing Presence in the API Economy
Reaching DevOps Zen: Tracking the Progress of Continuous Integration
- Traditional CI
- CI in the cloud
- Mobile CI
- Future of CI
- Analysis: CI is a Mainstay for Development
Introducing Docker Containers
- What is Docker?
- Why Docker?
- Simple Docker Commands
- Caveat Emptor
- Analysis: Use Docker in the Right Scenario
Digging into Docker Architecture
- Virtual Containers
- Docker Architecture
- Who uses Docker?
- Where does Docker fit in the DevOps puzzle?
- Up Next: Tooling Built on Docker Remote API
Tools Built on Top of the Docker API
- Cluster Management
- Service Discovery
- Continuous Integration
- Hosted Docker Registries
- Log Aggregation
- Configuration Management
- Security Auditing
- Full-blown OS
- Analysis: Remote Docker API Demonstrates Automated DevOps in Action
Description-Agnostic API Development with API Transformer
- Where API Transformer Fits
- Example Use Case
- Analysis: The Value of API Transformer
The Present and Future of Configuration Management
- What is Configuration Management?
- CM in the Cloud
- The Leaders: Puppet and Chef
- The Contenders: Salt and Ansible
- Cloud Vendor Solutions
- In-House CM tools
- Analysis: The Road Ahead
Security for Continuous Delivery Environments
- What Is Continuous Delivery?
- Auditing Security
- Analysis: Continuous Delivery Requires Continuous Security
API Testing: Using Virtualization for Advanced Mockups
- What is Service Virtualization?
- What is API Virtualization?
- 1: Test Failure in a Safe Environment
- 2: Increase Development Productivity
- 3. Isolated Performance Testing Saves Money
- 4. Reduce Time to Market
- 5. Virtualization Can be Usable
- Safe Harbor: Drawbacks, Risks, and Mitigations
- “Virtualize Me” -Your API
- Analysis: Benefits in API Virtualization
Automated Testing for the Internet of Things
- IoT and Testing
- What Makes IoT Applications Harder to Test
- Simulations, Quality Assurance and other Approaches
- New Frontiers
- Final Thoughts
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.