The Ultimate Guide to eCommerce Software
The Ultimate Guide to eCommerce Software
About the Book
The start your own business bug can be incredibly easy to catch. One more needless traffic jam on your evening commute or another bad day at the office, and it's easy to wonder if you couldn't just build your own business instead.
Scratching that itch is easy if you start an online business. Unlike real-world stores, here's no storefront to rent and no sign to hang—all you'll need is a free afternoon, something to sell, and perhaps $30 or less.
You could start without a dedicated online store of your own yet. Perhaps you'd like to sell your products on the internet's equivalent of a superstore or flea market, like Amazon or eBay. Maybe your product isn't done yet, and you need pre-orders from an app like Kickstarter. You might just want to sell one product, and only need a simple checkout experience for it, or you may want to build your own full-featured online store. It's not thathard.
Starting a full-fledged online business selling things, however, is a far more difficult thing. You'll need a name for your company, funds to get your business off the ground and running, and, perhaps, a business plan and formal legal structure.
Whether you want to sell a few things occasionally or a lot of things regularly, this is the book for you. It will walk you through the questions you need to answer and the boxes you need to check before starting a business. Then, it'll help you pick out eCommerce software, walk you through setting it up, and leave you with tips-and-tricks to make the most of your store.
It's the perfect guide to getting your own special corner of the internet to stake your claim with your own business. You're in for a fun ride.
- What Others Say About Zapier’s Books
Chapter 1: 3 Things You Need to Know Before You Start Your Own Business
- 1. Do You Really Want to Run Your Own Business?
- 2. What Will You Sell and How Much Should You Charge?
- 3. Who Will Be Your Customers and How Will You Find Them?
Chapter 2: From Startup Costs to Business Plans—What You Need to Start Your Own Business
- How to Determine Your Startup Costs
- How to Find Legal and Financial Help
- How to Create a Business Plan
Chapter 3: How to Sell Stuff Online—The 7 Best Places to Start Your Online Store
- When The Entire Internet is a Store
- The Ingredients for a Successful Store
- The Simplest Ways to Start an Online Store
- Taking Your Store to The Next Level
- Which Should You Choose?
- It Takes More Than Just a Store
Chapter 4: How to Start a Store—A Step-by-Step Guide to eCommerce with Shopify and WooCommerce
- What You Need to Set Up an Online Store
- How to Set Up a Shopify Store
- How to Manage Your Shopify Store
- What’s Different with a WooCommerce Store
- Go Build Your Store
Chapter 5: The 20 Best eCommerce Platforms to Start an Online Store
- Start a Simple, Hosted Online Store
- Build a Site With a Store
- Create a Full-Featured eCommerce Store
- Add a Store to an Existing Site
- Run a Self-Hosted Store
- The Other Tools You’ll Need for a Store
Chapter 6: The Best Online Credit Card Payment Processing Services for Your Business
- What is Payment Processing?
- The Most Common Types of Online Payment Processing Services
- The Best Online Payment Processing Systems
- The Best Account-Based Payment Systems
- The Best Direct Payments Services
- Apps With Built-in Payment Services
Chapter 7: How to Run a Successful Online Store
- Starting an Online Store
- The Daily Tasks in Running an eCommerce Store
- The Occasional Tasks to Get The Most From Your Store
- The Yearly Tasks to Keep Your Store Running Smoothly
- Keep the Focus on Your Customers
- More Zapier Resources
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.